Fabulous Foo (or ICHM's shopping list)

So the deflection of the cartridge is occurring at 1/2Hz or thereabouts which the cartridge’s compliance won’t allow it to reproduce & your speakers wouldn’t play it even if the cartridge did.

1 Like

Indeed. The only thing it actually fixes is audiophoolia nervous.

The only thing it could do is ensure that the average positioning of the coil relative to the magnetic field remains constant rather than changing lateral forces moving it around.

1 Like

does it come with something to increase the size of the spindle hole in records?

Gentlemen you really must learn to enter into the spirit of things.

2 Likes

The speed variance can be audible if it’s really bad. I once made a spreadsheet to work that out :grin:

2 Likes

Why does all foo have exotic names.
I’m guessing “a small lump of coal” would struggle to fetch £150

1 Like

I get the feeling that some here are lacking Japanese man’s commitment

1 Like

Gone full noodle.

Japan Man has a passion, it leads him to strange sacrifices. He accepts this, because he is serious.
Anything less than balls deep is not fucking good.

1 Like

I suspect Japan man may never have done this.

1 Like

JPNMAN No 2 in the film above talks about his wife and states Hifi Is more important.
JPNMAN Has courage in his Hifi conviction. Hail JPNMAN (He’s bang in trouble)

2 Likes

Japan man No 2 can hardly open his fridge which is to be commended

3 Likes

Yup … Classic JapanMan audio nervosa there , I have dealt with a number of these guys over the years whilst moving on my Fat Berg of vintage British amplification.

1 Like

Indeed, I particularly cherish the packing instructions often sent which involve advanced origami, multiple language labeling and tape specifications.

1 Like

I know a guy in HK who has three walls of his rabbit hutch sized apartment literally floor to ceiling covered in disparate makes of Ls35A’s

Hahah I think I know him too.

1 Like

desperate

1 Like

No, serious.

If the Grateful Dead ever go acoustic they will know who to call.

1 Like