Favourite Condiments, pickles etc, wotcha got?

They are satisfyingly mental. :+1:

I’ve got some Nagas too!

:grimacing:

Not on the same playing field.

I had some Carolina Reapers frozen, I had some Scotch Bonnets also frozen.

When I last made a chilli, I said to Louise, pass me one of those Scotch Bonnets, and without thought put it in the mortar and pestle with the 6 other chillis I use for the paste to make a chilli.

Having put the thing on to simmer for 5 hours, I thought I’d have a quick taste…which is when I realised we had inadvertently used a Carolina Reaper instead of a Scotch Bonnet…it was blow you head off hot - and took several days for our bowels to recover.

5 Likes

On a water biscuit with some 5 year old cheddar and a touch of Major Grey’s Chutney :partying_face:

I wouldn’t trust a man that doesn’t have Worcestershire and Tobasco always at hand.

Sandwich spread is lovely.

3 Likes

I love a lime pickle and cheddar sandwich

1 Like

1 Like

With fish and chips…

2 Likes

Serious question, what do you do with it? Beyond putting it on a pizza, I’m stumped :thinking:

As a rub on meat, stirred through pasta/rice, spread on puff pastry, stuffed into arancini, or on toast.

3 Likes

use a dollop in a bloody mary

1 Like

And just by the spoonful I reckon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Received a Hogs Bottom hamper from FoL#2 which comprises various chutneys/pickles & I’m looking forward to those. But this is what’s being smothered on my toast at the moment.

Dangerously moreish.

4 Likes

Discovered these at the butcher’s. They’re fantastic.

6 Likes

Blurb
“Extremely hot chilli paste with fresh and dried Bhut Jolokia chillies for a longer and more immediate heat sensation!”

It’s actually more like a Chili salsa (Or pickle) than a paste. The flavor is superb, much better than a sauce. Mixed with mayo as a dip or a teaspoon or two in a Chili - Actually I’ve been chucking it on all the things - It cheered a cheese board up no end.

3 Likes

The biz on scrambled and salmon

Some piccalilli, the big yellow is the best , bought in France

Some others

4 Likes