Feckin' Weather

Still desert conditions in the SE
The South Downs are beige

SEharan?

Me neither. I’ve been in one right forearm cast or another since Jul 6th. I’ve still got 3 more weeks in the current one.

Hopefully rain tomorrow and looks like thunderstorms on weds.

Played golf on fri and managed to hit a 4 iron 220 yds as the fairway was like a road.

1 Like

21c near the Runcorn Riviera with a grey sky rolling in from the west, it’s an oh bugger that looks a heavy downpour sky. Taking the dog out before a boat might be needed.

East Anglia still clinging on to the stiflingly hot weather for another day,…30c atm :sob:

No deluge of rain as expected, just a few spots, but the four legged boy enjoyed his walk and woodland mooch, rolling in every bit of muck he could find, now sleeping happily.

We’ve had some heavy rain this morning which basically cleared out the worst of the remaining heat. It is lovely now, although fairly grey and overcast.

4 Likes

Walking Zak in the park today I noticed that even the brambles and stinging nettles are withering from lack of water.

‘If you can see me, weep’: Drought-hit River Elbe reveals ‘hunger stones’ from 1616 (msn.com)

1 Like

Raining here now. A nice steady drizzle. Hopefully keep going for a few hours.

Here too, only it’s proper rain rather than drizzle. Not heavy though.

I can all but hear the garden drinking it in.

1 Like

Haven’t had to use the hose for a couple of nights now.

Short but heavy downpours here.

The rain started here on Sunday evening and it has rained incessantly since then. Still tipping down.

Haven’t had any rain here, in a couple of months!!

A sprinkling here yesterday morning and I can see we’ve have had a tiny bit more over night. First we’ve had in what seems like ages.

It poured down in London when I was there yesterday.

Roads were like rivers yesterday evening on the way home.