Front Door Refurb

Naturellement

1 Like

my next door neighbour Eric, broke it, the bollocks came off in his hand when knocking for us to go to the 'Spoons.

These days we just have a Ring

1 Like

Eric, Spoons, bollocks…Was this on fright night?

2 Likes

Also Nitromorse is nasty stuff, I don’t think it’s as good as it used to be, something to do with EU laws but evidently not as powerful, safety first. Lead in paint and sanding is not a nice combo.

Also go careful with dipping if thats a consideration as it tends to weaken the joints.

A good cabinet scrapper (you need to be able to roll a good lasting burr on it) might be a useful and cheap tool.

1 Like

They do some very nice UPVC doors these days :grimacing:

3 Likes

Two word rarely, if ever, used in a proper sentence that does not also contain the words ‘not very’.

2 Likes

Yes nitro is defo not as strong as I was 20 or so years ago

We had 15 doors to strip so got them all dunked locally

Most were fine but a couple did weaken the joints. We reglued them and clamped for a couple of days Also these were all internal doors but save the boss a fortune of me having to hand strip each one

That U makes all the difference though

VB

Have you seen the wood effect stuff? :thinking:

2 Likes

Sadly, yes.

:disappointed:

1 Like

Fabulous I think you’ll agree :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

They can set off one’s stone cladding a treat :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

ftfy

VB

1 Like

Our neighbour replaced their 6 panel Georgian door with a UPVC one. It had the EH twat frothing at the mouth and was in a skip a fortnight later. He also got clobbered for his replacement rear windows which until then had gone unnoticed.

1 Like

I remember in the 80’s they went made for it around Manchester. There was some really cheap and nasty stuff which was basically polystyrene covered in coloured sand. Suspect the fire brigade hated that.

Yes, I remember Jack and Vera having theirs done :+1:

1 Like

Everyone knows Weatherfield Council Planning Board turn a blind eye for a portion of Bettys HotPot.

1 Like

When euphemisms go wrong.
:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Stunning door. Deserves the best you can do. I can imagine a professional planning their retirement on that job!

1 Like

+2