Fundraiser for MacMillan in memory of Lou

:+1:

1 Like

Money sent but no note.

Thanks Paul.

It was 15 years ago now but the fact remains that they were amazing, often pushing back, hard, against the SRN’s, in our interests.

1 Like

Great Cause. Done

1 Like

Nothing more I can add to this. Incredible.

6 Likes

And we’ve hit the thousand pound mark. Fantastic work guys

23 Likes

Yay, that’s a result :trumpet:

1 Like

Amazing :heart:

Donation made. Heartwarming to see such support here. :heart:

1 Like

Fantastic

1 Like

Put a few quid in earlier

Tremendous effort by everyone

1 Like

Donated.

1 Like

Done, twice… need to read the instructions😂
Still the AA probably could with one too.

3 Likes

Donated.

When my mum died of cancer three years ago, the Macmillan nurses enabled her to end her days at home, rather than in hospital. The care they provided was so exceptional that I’m welling up now just thinking about it.

8 Likes

Our daughter is an end of life, care nurse. She has been doung this for over twenty years.
Until about two years ago, she was doing this in the community. She is now primarily hospital based.
It is a very tough job.

17 Likes

Takes a special kind of person to do that job Gregg, I’m certain i couldn’t cope with it.

2 Likes

Indeed, a tough job that they do so well.
Donation made.

1 Like

My mum recently cock punched cancer into touch (last chemo was march and has just finished radiotherapy), just after the original diagnosis I suggested she talk to Macmillan and she was none too pleased as she thought they just dealt with palliative care.

She got bacterial pneumonia after the first chemo session and it was touch and go for two weeks, as well as the cancer nurses she said the Macmillan nurses at the hospital were brilliant as they also help and give advice on the non medical effects.

This is now my go to charity as it’s absolutely amazing what all the cancer nurses do.

9 Likes

Imagine making a choice that your day’s work will be to stare suffering and death in the face, all for the benefit of someone who doesn’t have that choice.

Fucking heroic if you ask me.

Certainly puts the paper-shuffling I do into sharp relief.

Shit, I’m going to have make another donation now*.

*I have, though it’s still less than the cause deserves…

9 Likes

Just over £1300 now chaps.

11 Likes