Golf (aka, how to dress like a nonce)

So one over gross through the middle 9 and still managed to shoot 91… Argghh this game is a cunt.

Also, 2 x 2s in the stableford would normally be worth about £70, but there were so many 2s today it came to £14. Not even enough for a box of balls.

2 Likes

Is that good then ? Or not ?

'Nuff said

What do you mean?

I had one of my best rounds, and at the same time one of the worst at St Mellion, front 9 was shocking with a 12,back 9 was excellent, well for me.
Parred 5 out the back 9 and one birdie.

1 Like

Here…

Lovely day. Swing all over the place.
Nice to get out though.

6 Likes

Throw a curve ball and just use a putter for a 100 balls.

2 Likes

Was supposed to be playing in the feb medal next weekend.
Just had an invite to play at Deal again. Likes a bit of that links golf.

3 Likes

Deal is a great track.

But windy when it’s still everywhere else.

I’m impressed that they have asked you back!

I am aware of this, having played on links courses many times.

I quite enjoy the variety of different shots required for that sort of thing. Makes you think a bit. Might lower the loft on the driver and have a practice this weekend hitting lower shots. Perhaps even dig out me 16 deg rescue from the back of the garage.

Mate who invited me plays of 0.8, so will just try not to embarrass meself too much. Aim to get round in no more than 90.

3 Likes

I used to play at County Down and Portrush when I was in NI. Unfortunately I’m shit at golf but the courses are great with amazing views.

My record is losing 9 balls over the first 6 holes at Portrush.

2 Likes

Did you ever play Cairndhu near Ballygally?

Used to go there as a kid.

No, I was based in BallyKelly and occasionally visited Belfast so was limited to which courses we could get to.

1 Like

Be nice to have a go at Portrush. Pretty looking course.

It is a great course and so friendly, don’t think I played a single course in NI where we encountered any snobbiness or rudeness.

Needed up happy make it 95 at Deal. Wind got up a bit. Fair challenge, but a most enjoyable round.
Had something called a Shovril at halfway. Bovril with a shot of Sherry. Bit different tbh.

3 Likes

2 Likes

There are some huge craters on the course at my club, which form ‘natural’ hazards on the course as it plays now.
I found out from an old member that during WW2 lights were set up on the South Downs as a decoy site to save the nearby port of Newhaven from enemy bombers.
So I have the Luftwaffe to blame for my double bogey last week!

4 Likes

A couple of hours spent cursing and spraying balls all over the available space (and then some)…

1 Like