High End Munich 2019: 9-12 May (annual Ruff Berder)

Slightly different to my trip last year
5 minute walk to Station
30 Minute train to Gatwick
90 minute flight to Munich
40 minute Ubahn to city centre.

1 Like

That’s why I stay there for 5 nights. Not going through all that rigmarole (twice) for 2 nights in Munich.

1 Like

Christ. That’s…dedicated.

That’s one word for it.

There are others…

11 Likes

If you have some time I would recommend the free* 2.5 hour walking tour of Munich.
Starts in Marienplatz and I really enjoyed it last year.
*free means you are free to tip, I gave the guy 5 euro last year and it was well worth it.

3 Likes

I quite fancy that. Thanks, I’ve been looking for alternative stuff to do.

Maybe Friday morning?

1 Like

Yep, any day suits me, except Thursday. I like the relaxed pace of the show on that day.

Will there be any bags and pens?

1 Like

Kondo bags ftw

1 Like

Nice,could do with one of those in my collection

1 Like

I’l see if I can get you one.

2 Likes

As well as photos of food and beer I am keen to see what SME have done with the 301 and there new 12a turntable as per this on there website.

SME is delighted to be exhibiting at High End Munich 9th to 12th May 2019.

Visit us in Hall 1 – Stand C10/D07.

We will be proudly demonstrating our world famous precision made turntables and tonearms with static and live product demonstrations including the all new Model 12A.

Garrard returns to Munich with the legendary 301 turntable launched as a unique package with combined tonearm and new generation isolation plinth.

A dedicated SME team invites you to join us and enjoy a stunning display of world class high end audio products.

1 Like

Me too.

2 Likes

Me three.

This might be finished/playing this year.

I have my doubts. Arthur is such a bullshitter.

Is the press embargo on its secret technology still in place 12 months on? Adam? @Beobloke

12 months on. Where did that go? It feels like a couple of months.

2 Likes

I don’t know but my lips are still sealed on account of the amazing brilliance of the secret feature.

Which will never make it to production, obviously…

2 Likes

Could you bung these in it on the way out the door?

3 Likes