Holidays

Heading out on a pretty random Shrewsbury → Beaumaris → Aberporth → Cirencester → home slingshot today.

One way and another I spent a lot of my childhood in South Wales, but I’ve never had much to do with the north or middle, so should be good.

Assuming the car doesn’t crap out.

6 Likes

As we arrive in Croatia I’m amused by FoL’s latest dispatch from the Eastern front. (Georgia/Azerbaijan border) which, in the pictures looks like the American West.

“Udabno is a cool town, the Soviets built it in the middle of nowhere with a crazy water system. forced loads of mountain people to live here. When the USSR fell they left and gangsters took over, and stole the water system. Then a Polish guy started a hostel here and at first the gangsters wanted to cut off his head. But then he started bringing loads of tourists and money so they like him now.”

12 Likes

In Rovinj Croatia. Wine festival tonight. Fireworks last Sunday.

18 Likes

Not having a slush?

Down near Split a nice afternoon but a cracker of a thunderstorm this evening

If it’s still the same as 25 years ago, it builds all week, let’s go in one day, then builds again.

Barcelona for a few days then heading on a cruise. Processing: 29084052-D4A1-41E0-9A3A-9DCEC6AA0BF6.jpeg…
Uploading: 51E70ED5-3531-4A20-8FA5-80C5E8F86861.jpeg…
Uploading: 192A0892-8CFF-45D4-A55F-0796A791E86A.jpeg…
Uploading: 7C31698A-5EF2-47A1-8C4A-2BF5C0163EB7.jpeg…
Uploading: 167AEAB2-B36F-4291-B1D9-B34B609DE884.jpeg…

1 Like

Yesterday it did roughly twice the mileage that it has done in the past two years.

I needed to move it this morning to get better access to the boot and at first it flat out refused to start, then finally started but only grudgingly.

Is it possible for cars to go into shock?

2 Likes

Last beer of the holiday from our favourite bar on the sea front.

9 Likes

From Shrewsbury to Ruthin for the craft centre.

Up to Conwy - nice bay but the traffic is a steaming disaster. I can’t imagine what it must be like during the school holidays.

Headed towards Anglesey. Got caught up in really bad roadworks.

Eventually got to impress the wife with my navigation skills as I took us over the Britannia bridge, back over the Britannia bridge, then over the Menai bridge.

Let no man say I don’t show my girl lots of bridges.

Eventually made it to the hotel.

TBH I have no idea how we booked this place. The room doesn’t have a number, it has a colour. We are in “Ebony” and the vibe is 100% high-end 80s bordello.

1 Like

Remote needs to have the plastic battery cover missing for top marks,ideally with dead batteries

1 Like

Apart from the 100% high end bordello bit it seems the Stourport Manor is along the same lines.

The frantic scratch-marks on the door bespeak events as dark as the decor…

Sweet dreams…

4 Likes
1 Like

Well the night passed uneventfully. Massive bowl of shakshuka /w extra chorizo for breakfast.

Beaumaris all looking suitably Welsh this morning.

8 Likes

Beautiful.

I have no idea what shakshuka is. I feel so provinical.

Looking across the Menai Straits towards Snowdonia from the Italianate garden of Plas Newydd.

It really is lovely here, dreadful traffic notwithstanding.

9 Likes

Google Photos

Challenging here on the Dalmatian coast. Yet to see a single spotted dog so far. Booked the boat tour and wonderfully named ‘fish picnic’ for Monday.

I’m mourning inside. Honestly I am.

15 Likes

I’d have thought it would be right up your street. Eggs poached in a spicy tomato and pepper sauce, usually with cumin in. Can add any manner of extras: chorizo, olives and feta all work very well.

4 Likes

That doesn’t sound like breakfast.

That sounds like rolling-in at 3AM from the pub, skinfull on board, turning random fridge contents into a burned-on mess in an already dirty frying pan.

i.e. Aaaaaalllll the fucking way up my street :+1: