Holidays

Just booked 10 days in Zakynthos in May. We both have birthdays ending in a 0 this year :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

I hope your telegram doesn’t get lost in the post :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

:laughing:

That’s a really nice little site. There is a SUP/Kayak rental place kiosk right next to it so if you keep your kayaking to around that area they’ll be obligated to rescue you if your boat sinks :slight_smile: Lomond Arms within staggering distance and probably another 15-20 pubs/restaurants split across Balloch and Helensburgh, both around 15mins drive. You are right on the cycle path there as well though it does run alongside the main road for quite a bit.
Take plenty Smidge and a hat with a net…

We were thinking of going on the opposite side, but the cycle path and a short walk to Luss swung it.
And they have a 35% off offer on at the mo. Got 7 nights for £228 for a jumbo pitch on the loch with some leccy.
Just got to fit two bikes and the kayak in to the car now.

1 Like

When.

Early August. Sort of midge season.

1 Like

Ha! You radge, I made a subtle change to your post and added my ‘when’

Loon.

Too subtle for me.

Hope you are having a nice time.

The subtle change was to Tony’s post. He made the ‘if’ bold and suggested it ought to be ‘when’.

Make sure that you have very good and well sealed midge netting on the caravan windows. And take some mossie coils with burners.

Off to Dublin tomorrow for a few days. Really looking forward to it now. It’ll be the first time I’ve seen my nieces since well before the first lockdown what with one thing and another…

Might risk a pint of Guinness. What could possibly go wrong.

21 Likes

:pleading_face:

1 Like

So is Ólan standing on the bar at Neary’s belting out a spirited rendition of Blaydon Races right now?

Enquiring minds want to know.

2 Likes

No. I’m in The Stag’s Head. There is no singing involved. I’ve had a pint though :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

14 Likes

Ooh, looks nice.

It’s strange how, just as King Billy (and his white horse) seems to have stayed at every pub in the north, every pub in Dublin serves the best pint of Guinness :laughing:

1 Like

Just finished dinner. Two bottles of Sortesele Pinot Grigio and a random bottle of Soave have been polished off. I’m moderately mullered for the first time in six years.

Dublin is ok.

20 Likes

Sounds great. I hope it sits well with you.

1 Like

Result. Give it hell Olan!

1 Like

Seems sooo much longer :frowning: