Holidays

I effectively stopped drinking around the time of the last Scalford. Obviously you and I had a boozy afternoon in Oxford. Otherwise, I’m almost tea total since then.

I’m fucking cunted now though. Tomorrow might be unfortunate.

14 Likes

Never drink on an empty head!!

You’ll regret it tomorrow !

Fool.

2 Likes

You gingers are all the same with the ‘you’re dooooomed’ and other jockish stereotype memes…

2 Likes

I’ll take great joy in reminding you of this racial slur during your epic hangover on the morrow!!

8 Likes

Trying to jam an overnight in Brussels on a very specific date in our two centre Luxembourg / Antwerp holiday.

The wife’s not having it.

2 Likes

Just disappear

1 Like

Quite tempted. We’ll see how the actual holiday pans out, but zoom up, couple of beers in A La Mort Subite or Monk and zoom back :+1:

1 Like

Quite fancy doing Sicily on the posh this year. @clap i know you went a while back. Anyone else?

We went a few years back, fecking hot in July and August.
Only one autostrada going across east to west, the rest of the roads have a blanket 50kph (30) limit.
Despite that, Sicilians drive like total fucking loons :joy:

2 Likes

We went a few years ago now but it’s still one of my favourite places we’ve visited in Italy.

1 Like

Sun :white_check_mark:
Food :white_check_mark:
Culture :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Just don’t leave your hire car unattended

3 Likes

Cheese with jumping maggots, it’s a must. Oh, big fuck off active volcano, lovely.

It’s on my retirement bucket list for a 90 day stay.

2 Likes

Don’t go in August, apart from the heat, every resort is stacked with Italians from the mainland.

1 Like

Absolutely and a trip up Mount Etna or a night time boat trip out to see Stromboli :ok_hand:

2 Likes

If it’s super-hot then it’ll be cooler down here (it was when we visited, albeit that was in the 1990s)

When they say mummies they mean regular dead and sometimes disintegrating bodies, but with clothes on, hung up on the walls.

The whole island was run by the Mafia back when we were there. It wasn’t a problem (OK, maybe a moral one). They’re as good at running things as anyone in Italy is. Actually there was also some sensitivity about whether they were part of Italy or not. The public mailboxes had two slots, for letters to Sicily and letters to the continent.

1 Like

While the protagonists are an acquired taste (I actually warmed to them) Sicily comes out pretty well in this.

Buying a couple of adjoining properties for a Euro each & doing them up.

1 Like

I have a friend who lives in Sicily, they head to the mainland in August.

1 Like

Went a while back, its a beautiful island but it was scorching in May, I dread to think what it’s like in high summer :sunny:

1 Like