How do you slice your toast and do you have marmalade on it?

Who? Me :innocent:.

No, Pan.

Marmalade of any type is the devilā€™s snot.

Apart from the type that goes in high class French seasonal croissants of course! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Clearly it has picked up since you attended. Iā€™ll accept your point about limes in gin and tonic. They are also vital for proper Thai food. However this sort of thing is unacceptable:

Thankfully, the inevitable economic collapse following Brexit will render Lemons and Lime an unreachable luxury for all but the most moneyed amongst us (Astra pilots and muffin hoarders).

2 Likes

OK that is alright then.

I despairā€¦

1 Like

I quite like a bit of roses lime marmalade (it being the only one i can usually find) on my toast every so often. I have a real love of Thursday Cottage Grapefruit and ginger marmalade but itā€™s hens teeth to find. Their orange and whiskey on a freshly bakes croissant is fantastic too.

2 Likes

No, No, No!

Marmalade does not belong on croissants. Fucking hell!

2 Likes

This. Some good old fashioned common sense being applied.

I agree with this. I donā€™t like marmalade anyway, but mixing it with croissants is quite wrong.

What a cesspit, decorum has flat-lined. I suspect some of the worst offenders above donā€™t even own the correct cutlery for marmalade - Savages!

3 Likes

rong - the choice of citrus (and others items) for garnishing a G&T must be carefully matched to the aromatics in the Gin. and its flavour profile.

Citrus should be used to enhance a G&T, by gently squeezing a wedge into the glass and dropping the wedge in.

Some favour some citrus rim washing to enhance the drink, but I think that depends on whether the gin is robust enough to hold up against the extra citrus.

YMMV

Honestly, you should know better than to post a phrase like that on this forum :smile:

9 Likes

Croissants? Jam yes. Some perverts might add nutella & while I wouldnā€™t, I sort of get that.

Marmalade? Non!

Youā€™ll be suggesting Marmite or Shippams shrimp paste next. Cunts.

1 Like

make Marmalade tarts - bit like jam tarts but use marmalade Roses is good, but some bitter/sweet Seville Orange marmalade is excellent.

That reminds me I have a gin based cocktail recipe somewhere that uses marmalade.

3 Likes

Undecided about whether to be outraged about this as it sounds quite nice.

Feckā€™s sakeā€¦:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

giphy (4)

1 Like

Peak @htm_1968 troll material?

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

you are putting me off my lunch of liver and French stick,

Pervert.