How f***ing far? 2021 Fetlar invitation: Putting the fun back in Funzie

The thought of all this is most appealing. But unless Covid fucks off and someone employs me then I’m only a tentative for now.
What’s the charge for a charter plane these days?

1 Like

Thank goodness Didcot’s so much closer (at least That London isn’t in the way) ! I once did Newcastle to Grangemouth to Didcot in a day and that was OK. But I’ve just looked at the map and it’s touch-and-go whether Grangemouth is nearer to Newcastle than to Aberdeen ! There is a lot of Scotland.

VB

1 Like

Less than 600 miles, probably about the same as to Munich. But not much fun most of the way.

1 Like

Fetlar to Lopwell and back is an 1,800 mile round trip with 6 ferries involved and I’ve done that twice, so don’t start playing the distance card :laughing:

11 Likes

I’ve put you on the ‘provisionally interested’ list. Don’t worry, the final list will look nothing like that one :grin:

3 Likes

Munich involved a 5 minute walk, a 30 minute train ride, an hour and twenty minute flight, a 30 minute train journey and a 5 minute walk to the hotel.
The return journey was less than the cost of the fuel to drive to Aberdeen

2 Likes

Indeed not, but here to Gatwick and a flight to Aberdeen is a much nicer option than driving :grinning:

2 Likes

Agreed. Foot passenger rates on the ferry are cheap, considering the distance.

£70 return in peak season 10% discount on passenger and vehicle fares for senior citizens (aged 60 years +)

1 Like

Paul, I’d love to come up.

Potential if people are driving up could use here as a hub and share a car / van onwards perhaps.

2 Likes

Yes please depending on dates etc

1 Like

The car hire place here (St Albans) does minivan hire. Weekly charge is £450 for 9 seat, £650 for 17 seat. If we had a few drivers it could work well.

1 Like

To be honest I am not sure any one cares whether you finish the music room or not, we would still come!

3 Likes
1 Like

Just shown this to Jan. She has started planning the distillery tour and looking at an extended holiday.

So if I can pluck up the courage to bear the inevitable sea sickness and there is a b&b that will take a couple of dogs then we are very interested.

At least Aberdeen is only partway up!

The B&B doesn’t take dogs, but these self catering places claim to allow ‘well behaved’ pets.

https://www.fetlarlodge.com/

1 Like

Perfect
I’ll bring the family and stay the week

Please make sure cupboards and fridge is full and linen clean

Will try and do the washing up before we leave,but no promises

2 Likes

Linen? Fucking linen? The Royal Borough of Morpeth decrees Egyptian cotton as a bare minimum. Linen… sheesh.

2 Likes

Sir’s fine dining tasting menu is ready whenever you arrive.

2 Likes

There will be 16 of us coming,20 if I can get a roof rack. Didn’t want to take the piss on bedroom items.

Ps are you neighbours ok with Rottweilers?

2 Likes