Ima want a Technics

What’s ‘average’ about the arm, exactly? You wouldn’t be making an assumption based on the fact it looks a bit old-fashioned now, would you? :wink:

1 Like

He’s got a r2r deck. Duh.

I thought when they first did the new & spendy (GAE?) version of the 1200, the supplied arm was a step up from the original 1200 arm & more akin to the old EPA100.

Is that not the case & doesn’t the SP10R have something along those lines?

IIRC the arm put in a better showing than an SME V on the HiFi News test bench. I’ll also say it’s sounded pretty fucking solid on the occasions I’ve heard it too.

1 Like

There you go then.

Reason enough to buy buy buy !

The vultures are circling already :grinning:

How does anyone know the acoustand plinth is better? I’ve only ever seen a prototype.

As for the arm it’s longer than the usual nine inch arm and made of magnesium rather than alu… and has better bearings.

Sure there are better arms… but there always are.

I have no idea if other plinths are better,but doesn’t the technics one cost thousands?

Nobody has claimed it is better. It will be a helluva lot cheaper though.

1 Like

At list price yes…
a 6k premium for a plinth and arm. I can’t argue with that one at all. I’d never pay 14k in a month of Sunday’s.

Ok, you’ve been offered a deal and you’re going to buy it anyway, so get on with it. :grin:

:heart_eyes:

I’d still rather do this though

Nah. My money is on nothing will happen.

Yes, especially if it’s the suspension equipped Motus .

1 Like

That’s the one I meant :+1:

1 Like

That is the only one I have heard. It was very, very good.

1 Like

Just buy it and bring it to Lopwell for a full evaluation :smile:

2 Likes

We can test the resonances with lump hammers :+1:

Ok, you’ve been offered a deal and you’re going to buy it anyway, so get on with it
[/quote]

This, before the silly suggestions start.

For £6K for the plinth, you can get an Accustand much nicer one and a Brinkmann 12.1 and still have lots of change.

If the Techie arm is anywhere near as good as arms like the Graham, Tri-Planar, Brinkmann I would be very surprised.

Buy the package for future “investment” low faff.

Then get a new plinth and arm anyway because hifi.

4 Likes