Integrated hot amp advice, recommends and nonsense

There are a few BP se 300b “integrated” amps about with a volume control, but I think they only have one input
Or Art Audio Argento?
Or AN kit 1?

Pretty similar, size wise :thinking:

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Had one. A single input with three or four turntables in use is a ball ache.

Very nice. :heart:

1 Like

Better than nice, Paul.

:wink:

1 Like

This is the thing. I think you’re right here. @coco did seem to have a good understanding of my quirky speakers and their needs.

1 Like
1 Like

I’d be quite interested to hear that if just to see how it compared to the Viva.
The variety of valves and the awful wooden case is a bit off putting though.

I knew you weren’t going to like the looks! I really wanted to know whether our tastes were opposed and it seems they are, again I love the look haha.

Seems to have split across the back though which isn’t great

1 Like

With all those valves I’m surprised the case isn’t charcoal.

1 Like

It’s cold outside!

1 Like

Audio Note OTO with phono would be good but this looks like a bargain…

AI 400. Don’t.

1 Like

NVA territory?

No. It’ll be reliable enough. It was just that the Mk1 version was an attempt to make a zero feedback pentode amp and it wasn’t very load tolerant at all.

Same applied to the first version of the S200 power and Mk2 S800 power. Avoid those models.

2 Likes

Transconductance amp? Paul’s Rehdekos might do well with that.

2 Likes

funnily enough with the right, easy load they sounded extremely clear but as soon as the impedance presented changed you could get some very weird effects. It was part of PQ’s then obsession with removing nfb everywhere before he realised it could be useful in some circumstances.

That’s what I was thinking - the Rehdeko’s are crossover-less and a simple load. I think these kinds of speakers (including single driver stuff like Lowthers) can benefit from this kind of approach.

Pass was experimenting with transconductance drive in things like the First Watt F1 & F2 and those could be another option for Paul.

2 Likes

You lucky sod, try 3 years.

Good things come to those who wait.