Interesting Speakers

I think it’s mainly down to how well set-up they are. I’ve heard a fair few Void systems, and they’ve varied from terrible to excellent. When done right, they’re certainly comparable to Funktion 1, but I’ve never really had an absolute wow moment with them. The next-gen Funktion 1 is something called Vero, and that really is just like a massive hi-fi. Absolutely incredible. Also people to keep an eye on, from the P.A point of view, are Hennessey Sound Design, in the States. Utterly beautiful sound I heard from one of their systems, and talking to their guys, that’s their mission. It’s not often a P.A affects you in that way. Just sublime. I’d love to be the first person over this side of the pond, to take out one of their systems.

Edit: I absolutely agree with you on the LOOK of Void though! Sci-fi perfection!

3 Likes

http://bellaphon.tumblr.com/post/21706392408/lahore-day-4

$2M for one of the most ugly systems ever.

I love timber and wood, but that’s some of the most hideous looking woodwork I’ve ever seen that doesn’t involve mahogany.

1 Like

It’s terribly proportioned, isn’t it? Why do competent engineers (I assume they are, anyway) not get in some help with aesthetics if they can’t see this kind of thing themselves?

You have answered your own question.

1 Like

It’s made in India, they like that style there, quite surprised it’s not covered in gold bits.

Tch! It’s not Cheshire :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Take me to your leader. Goldmund, home of over priced under performing high margin crap.

1 Like

Has it got a pain in all the diodes down its left hand side…

2 Likes

Telefunken SB 86. €500

7 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: Aren’t Empires wonderful things?

Live Act Emotion Line Speakers.

Anyone heard these?

1 Like

8 Likes

Shiny!

1 Like

I would want it all black shiny

Carbon fibre might be nice…

smug-smile-gif-11

3 Likes

Is that a render for Bob using the ‘Cheshire’ materials palette in Fusion?

2 Likes

Not sure the wood grain is aligned.

5 Likes

I would want gold weave on the cover at the bottom please :+1::+1::joy:

3 Likes

It is, its just the way the black mirror element reflects the light. :grinning::+1:

2 Likes