Interesting Speakers

https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/e/7ea689cc9460e18027d07420b758f7a1ce5ca73b.jpeg

Want these
If they are anywhere close to those that turned up at Scalford I need some in my life.

3 Likes

Were they the German cinema ones? If so, they were the DB that year

1 Like

Yep those cinema horns from Germany. I loved em.

You and me both :+1:

1 Like

In full ‘wunderbra’

3 Likes

Shit chairs though

That and the Neanderthal lodger art detracts a tad.

You have a cnc machine, get started.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Lamm amps, nice.

I like the idea of a wooden wall of sound.

Stolen from a dentist’s waiting room 1993.

Looks fantastic -It has blocked a few doorways.

I need those in my life. Just need to win the lottery and buy a mansion.

I missed them at Scalford but I believe plans are available and easy to build if you laminate the curves in a press…drivers might be the issue with something like this. My guess is rare,expensive and a pig to put right if anything needs repair/replacement.

Oh and the small issue of a room big enough to fit them into but worry about that later. This guy has it right, he can’t even open his fridge :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We were listening to a similar Siemens Klangfilm system at one of the Berlin ETFs.

Sounded very enjoyable.

2 Likes

I’m impressed that he has a girlfriend.

2 Likes

I’m always surprised you don’t often see these things built into interior walls. On the other side you could just have bookshelves to hide the speakers.

He has a pair of subs behind them and his collection of turntables is nearly as impressive as Mik’s.

1 Like

I noticed Mik is selling one of his Rockports…offered him £500 but not heard back yet.

Pictures of Peggy Guggenheim’s NY home 1942,

7 Likes