JP's car - I Ignored the Advice and Bought What I'd Already Decided on

That’s too old

Best go armoured then

Excellent choice.

Could I request, however, that you avoid any of the chavtastic M kits that seem near ubiquitous in the U.K?

It never ceases to be a source of bemusement that these are vastly more popular in the uk than any other BMW market.

Buy an M5 / 335biturbo by all means, but an M kit on a 520d is a no no, albeit a popular one

I’d never go near a Beemer. Seen far too many waiting for recovery at the side of the road.

Fxt for the real world.

2 Likes

Worst. Anecdote. Ever.

2 Likes

But true.

I’m sure you’ve got a spotty little trainspotter’s notebook that proves it.

4 Likes

You are funny.:smiley:

I actually keep a notebook for when I see a BMW moving under it’s own steam rather than on the back of a lorry, cos it’s so rare.

You’d have to be a compleat CLOWN to own a BMW :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Pic related, a typical BMW -

5 Likes

I now actually own a BMW so look out for me at the side of the road with all the Lotus and TVR drivers.

8 Likes

Have you used your indicators yet?

1 Like

What are those?

2 Likes

Excellent, I’ll just drive by instead of letting you out of that junction :+1::grin:

3 Likes

Which engine?

Oof. you speed edited while I mugged you off.

2l Deseasesl 4 pot. The one everyone told me not to get.

Test drive showed that Mibby had a point, but not enough to put me off. It will help maximize my benefit from opting out. 2 years time I’ll have another think.

1 Like

5 Series?

Yes. The exact one linked to above.

1 Like

Are you pleased with it then?

Pick it up Friday, but after 2 test drives, yes. I loved it. Bear in mind this is BY FAR the poshest car I’ve ever owned, so almost anything was a step up from Mondeo and Passat land.

6 Likes