Kegworth

Great answer.

You can’t force people to ask to come. :man_shrugging:

You don’t allow people to ask to come, so you don’t get them, you don’t get any new gear, it just seems same old same old. So no longer bake-offs, just sort of chat-offs with food-offs and booze-offs.

It’s whoever wants to come. Lopwell is relatively small and fills up quickly - but more than one, me included, will be kipping in the car park. There are still places for the Yorks Dales event. Anyone who feels they can’t come can, well, come.

VB

fatgirl

1 Like

Yep :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

And that’s just fine and dandy

You really have missed the raison d’etre of this place, haven’t you?

3 Likes

Anyone is free to join and put there name down for a bake off

7 Likes

Probably, I just thought what I see as your mojo hadn’t died and just needed prodding / waking up. Crazy bread board valve amps, massive horn speakers, new ideas, new circuits. It seems to have all died.

In what way do we prevent people from asking to come?

I never cry for help. I fight my corner which a lot of people don’t like, but f…em.

Settle last year was advertised on WW, pfm and AoS. I think that only about 3 came as a result, and they were welcomed.

1 Like

Sorry, I changed my post. In what way do we prevent people from asking to come to bakeoffs?

It is the feeling of a private club where strangers are not welcome, and if they want to turn up they get pissed on. The only time I tried to attend one a couple of years back that was my experience. Though it is difficult for me as people cannot separate the person who builds and sells thing from the enthusiast. If I was part of the old in crowd then I would be accepted like Puresound bloke.

Personally speaking, I’m trying to build a new listening room, looking after a pretty poorly wife, exercising two mental springers, maintaining a 19th C cottage and preventing myself from exploding due to the effects of the current clusterfuck in parliament.

This place maintains my sanity.

Any other questions?

5 Likes

It is a feeling of unfriendliness with a background of personal attacks, some really nasty as we have spoken before about. But it has stopped so I am trying to build bridges again.

This is like a cable thread.
I turned up here and was pissed on. A lot.
I got wet. I dried off and now the cunts have me round for tea.

I’m off to bed now as it’s more fun than bear baiting.

5 Likes

Maybe see you Sunday xxx

Maybe you will. Wear a skirt and your odds increase…

1 Like