Meat packaging

My brain hurts, I genuinely struggle getting my head round it. I think it would cause confusion and need continual clarification in a legal context eg court reporting and witness statements.

Then that’s YOUR problem.

especially if he’s…

2 Likes

It certainly is but I’m sure there is a hell of a lot more people than me that struggle with the use of they, predominantly used to mean plural, as a singular term for a person.
Headline I read today.
“Sam Smith leaves fans wondering how they are going to use the loo in balloon outfit.”
That immediately suggests to me that the fans are wondering how to use the loo.
Should it be “they are” or “they is” if referring to a person?
Am I just being thick here?

No it confuses the fuck out of me as well but we just need an additional bit of thought to it, perhaps read it a couple of times to appreciate the context.

1 Like

It might not come naturally to us old fuckers, but if you don’t try then you risk becoming the equivalent of our racist parents. It’s worth sticking with.

5 Likes

Exactly this.

1 Like

Might be quite fun rowing him down the Thames. :grin:

1 Like

Them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Them thighs? Yeah, room for one each side. Be like Hawaii 5-0!

1 Like

I think my previous posts around confusion over they/them pronouns has been perfectly demonstrated:-)

Hey, the they/them is one thing but the ‘clothes’ still look like an inflatable raft.

1 Like

Totally. Wish some wee indie artist stuck a fork in that thundercunt’s outfit and we would all have been laughing at the deflated memes. Unfortunately the brits don’t do edgy bands anymore.

Euphemism?

2 Likes

2 Likes

The try hard ‘uniqueness’ of this guy is palpable.

1 Like

I think they just wanted everyone to be talking about them; mission accomplished!

4 Likes

??? :laughing:

1 Like

Seems like the sort of stuff Arca was doing 10 years ago.

1 Like