Mince Pie Conformist hand wringing and tears 2019

I wonder if this is a result of the actual fruit or the industrial grade spirits used (or even worse brandy “flavour”) :thinking:

You are experiencing a rush, be seated.

1 Like

Camberwell carrot time?

2 Likes

Be aware. Mrs VB has just returned from Aldi and apparently they sell (at least) two sorts of pie - ‘deep filled’ and some sort of ‘selected’. She came home with the deep filled ones which, on paper, would be my preference, notwithstanding @A_Touch_of_Cloth’s reservations above.

I’m afraid they are ordinary. There is nothing offensive about them, but they are just a bit dull. The mincemeat has a bland taste (‘delicate’, ‘subtle’ I suppose, if you want to be kind). The pastry isn’t dried out or soggy or over-sugared. But it’s not anything to write to a forum about.

If I had to pick one word to describe the feeling they leave you with it would be ennui. Sigh. Maybe the selecteds are better.

VB

1 Like

Yeah, should have said the ones I have are the Selected.

So why the fuck did you then? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

As a warning to the others Jim. There is a fork in the path. Choose wisely. Stu was right all along. It turns out Mrs VB is Norman Wisdom. So to speak.

VB

5 Likes

Is she big in Albania?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Understandably reluctant given the preposterous excuse.

7 Likes

Blasphemerismist!!!

2 Likes

Ahhh, but deliciously ironic.

1 Like

Are we to direct our taste buds through the filter of Fables? Do mince pies taste better in December than October?
Tradition is a symptom of indoctrination! Whilst many are beyond liberation, I would have hoped gluttony at least would have pulled some of you to salvation.

It’s the childlike sense of anticipation and the joy of patience rewarded. Mince pies are for December.

1 Like

BTW, are pumpkin pies a thing in the United Kingston? Perhaps the early mince crowd could make do with this more autumnal fare?

Fuck your pumpkins right up ye, Ya Bass.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Most of the uk buy one for £2, cut a shit face into it,place on doorstep and leave it for 4 weeks til it turns to slush for the postman to put his foot in it

That gif gets me every time :slight_smile:

Nup…

5 Likes