Mince Pies & Other Metaphysical Musings -> 2019

No

No

Fuck No

2 Likes

Is this months early - putting the band back together thread - finally springing to life? :face_with_monocle:

you need to quote me in full - I only like them with cold vanilla ice cream, so it is a conditional liking.

Why not a warmed mince pie? Personally I prefer the suet to be melty not solid.

1 Like

Ice-cream is another abomination that shouldn’t be anywhere near a mince pie. Chasing a frozen blob around a plate while simultaneously trying to get the correct ratio of pie to ice-cream on the spoon (impossible) whilst numbing the taste-buds, and stealth burning the top of the palette with the over-warmed pie. Shite.

Clotted cream > Double cream >>>>> rest.

7 Likes

Now there’s a rule to live all of life by.

1 Like

Absolutely spot on. Also, that mince pie ice cream posted upthread can get to fuck. Either have an ice cream or a mince pie, but mince pie flavoured ice cream is for cunts.

It’s basically rum and raisin ice cream with seasonal marketing

Which is why

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Weirdly I could get behind that ice-cream, as long as it’s good. If there is decent booze and candied peel in it and a good base flavour I think I’d enjoy it.

I’m not an absolutist :smiley:

1 Like

Mince pies have to be eaten cold so you get the full texture of the dollop of clotted cream on top.

2 Likes

I think the key to the mince pie thread is to be capricious. :+1:

3 Likes

I feel the need to try them deep fried.

3 Likes

That’s like saying toast should be eaten cold so the butter doesn’t melt. You do want a bit of bite in your accompanying fat even if the pie or toast is warm.It’s all about timing.

That said, it’s still only the 14th November so this thread can get to fuck for at least a fortnight.

3 Likes

Can someone start sampling Christmas puddings so I know which one to buy.

You should have bought it just after last Christmas to give it proper time to mature.

I’d have eaten it.

2 Likes

And your gluttony is why you’ll always miss out on the finest of Christmas Puddings :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you should put that engineering brain of yours to good use and build a time-lock safe specifically for the purpose of keeping a Christmas pudding safe for a year.

I’d crack it and eat it.

That’s the sort of attitude that caused the Brexit referendum

3 Likes