Mince Pies & Other Metaphysical Musings -> 2019

Salted? If that box isn’t red it should be sent back.

Add crumbled bacon and maple syrup.

Lidls £1.59

Indeed, a measly 0.38g

I’m surprised & impressed by Waitrose’s murderous intentions though. They must really hate their customers & who could blame them if we’re honest.

Except for the salt Christmas cake must surely be near top of table in the deadly stakes.

BTW, have we discussed Christmas cake properly yet?

If you’ve been on ether then I’m not surprised.

The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge … the main advantage of ether [is] it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel … total loss of all basic motor skills, blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue - severance of all connection between the body and the brain. Which is interesting, because the brain continues to function more or less normally… you can actually watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can’t control it. - Hunter S Thompson, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas.

VB

A pause for comedy.

Ok, let’s have it then

Looks overdone.

(and the VTA looks high)

got so bad you’re writing jokes for Christmas crackers

You get what you deserve at 12 and 1/2p each

I has the sad…

That place needs to be fire bombed.

One abomination is bad enough, but there’s really no need to bastardise two great food products.

Could try a naan stuffed with real mincemeat, ie with meat in it.

Mods

That’s a good idea.

You could call it, oh I dunno, something like Keema maybe?

why restrict yourself to spiced minced lamb though? I have always fancied a sausage Naan - that would be a great Naan!

Maybe I’ll ask at the Turan on Saturday what other things they can put in a Naan.