Moral Dilemma

Righty-Ho ! I’m sure you’re all waiting with bated breath.

This has been a stone in my shoe since February. I have never wanted kids. I always saw myself as too immature and self centred. My first marriage broke up over the fact that once she had the ring on her finger, she thought she could change my mind. At 60, I never expected to have to review my life in such a way.
It has been an extraordinarily difficult decision to make, taking into account Narelle’s reservations, my selfishness and any potential fallout (the reaction of my fucked up family being part of that).

So this evening, rather than get my kid sister involved again, I contacted her directly via Messenger.
I simply stated that I was unhappy that my anonymity had been breached, and was uncomfortable with the situation. So much so, that I did not wish for any further communication. Nor would I appreciate her contacting any of my family members. I did, however, offer to answer any health related questions should there be any, but nothing else.

She replied almost immediately. She stated that she was “mortified” and had been sure that I wouldn’t “reject” her. She did come across as a bit of a “bunny boiler”. However, she agreed to no more contact.

So, with some luck and a fair wind, that should be the end of that.

We’ll see.

19 Likes

Brave and difficult decision.

1 Like

Atb whatever the outcome

1 Like

Same as that

1 Like

Not an easy thing to do, I hope that settles things for you.

1 Like

Exactly this.
Whatever your decision, it’s your decision and no one else’s. Tough as it may be for others to accept.

1 Like

Well done, a brave decision. I think you have done the right thing, but then I know how little that means!

1 Like

Not a black & white situation = no monochrome answers. You’ve done what feels right to you, hopefully that’ll put the lid back on the wormcan.

FWVLIW I think you’ve made absolutely the right choice - somebody so emotionally unfulfilled as to genestalk a total stranger against their will is going to be a bottomless well of Need and neurosis. That horse has long-since bolted, this ain’t no fairytale, and any well-adjusted adult would have had the good judgement to know that. Had you submitted to her will, all that would happen would be you getting tangled-up in her web of maladjustment and self-absorption.

I’d have run screaming in the general direction of Far, Far Away, but there’s never been the slightest doubt that I am the absolute antithesis of Parenting Material…

3 Likes

Judging from her ‘mortified’ response she clearly came with ‘expectations’. I can understand her curiosity but everything about ‘the approach’ seems somewhat self centered. You’ve been kind enough to respond and stated your boundary. I hope it’s sufficient for all concerned.

2 Likes

My opinion counts for little but it seems to me you have set out a perfectly balanced response - helpful in the case of health related issues but nothing else. That was more than the basis on which you donated in the past and is probably as far as your moral obligations go now. I hope she stays away. Best of luck.

2 Likes

So Thread Necro time.

Guess what……

A few weeks ago I received a PM via Messenger. Then another. Then another. All with the same theme.
“I’ve given you time to rethink your decision”
“We need to meet up”
“I’m desperate”, etc, etc…
All verified as her account. All ignored.

Delete Messenger. Change privacy settings. Change email. Change-fucking-everything.

Proper fucking bunny boiler !

I’m now waiting for the next thing to come crashing down on me.

2 Likes

was, to put it bluntly, to ejaculate into a receptacle and walk away. You don’t have a child, you helped someone else have a child.

All of which you know, but it is hopefully helpful for someone else to say it as well.

2 Likes

As previously: you’ve 100% done the right thing blocking the loon.

You cannot do more. Nor should you.

1 Like

All the best with this. I was almost in a similar situation - I had a lesbian couple who suggested I jizz in a jar for them. I rejected the idea as I had some concerns about the idea of my own progeny that I wouldn’t be able to interact with.

Now that I have kids, it’s clear to me that being a father isn’t being a jizz donor, whether into a cold or warm receptacle, but it’s actually being part of someone’s life, come what may (if you’ll excuse the phrase). You are not the father.

What a shame that they’re so needy. I feel bad for you, the law got fucked up there.

4 Likes