....more armchair politics (Part 2)

Just disgusting.

3 Likes

Pathetic.

But sadly no surprise, largely as she doesnā€™t give a fuck. After all, its only her job to knowā€¦

1 Like

Yep; how the fuck did she get the fucking job?

Iā€™m sure most here if asked a similarly relevant question relating to their job would be able to answer.

And in the case of a legally sensitive question, be prepared and not stumped like the ā€œfloaterā€ in video.

It does not come across at all well.

1 Like

Itā€™s been suggested that the government thought she would be easier to push around than Cox when it came to making awkward legal judgements.

keep up, sheā€™s Home Sec now :slight_smile:

So she is. In which case itā€™s a job which doesnā€™t officially require any qualifications. I guess she got it because Liz Truss didnā€™t have some skeleton in the cupboard that Priti Patel knew about. (Boris Johnson must have had - there canā€™t have been any other reason for keeping the useless malicious woman in post.)

Liz Truss sacked her and Sunak brought her back.

1 Like

Perhaps the more pertinent question is ā€œWhose attack-dog is she?ā€ - i.e. which interest group has crowbarred her into this position to take care of their interests.

That interview is also a stark illustration of intelligence and competence versus ego and ambition. Sadly the former group has no interest in politics and the latter no interest in anything but themselvesā€¦

2 Likes

She knows the answer very well she just didnā€™t want to say ā€œBritian has closed all legal routes for anyone fleeing war or persecution unless you are from a select few countries. The only option left at the moment is a dinghy across the channel.ā€

5 Likes

Whoever is pulling the strings on John Hayes.

Both valid and well put.

1 Like

Somehow I donā€™t think sheā€™d be embarrassed by having to give that answer. She does, after all, share her dreams about putting children onto planes to Rwanda.

Can you imagine being a similar high ranking member of government from almost any other country and having her turn up to speak with you?

10 Likes

Here, or cockpunch?

3 Likes

Here AND cockpunch

4 Likes

One for the police I hope.

Iā€™m sure they can be trusted with this one :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Since when does the Met any policing of politicians?

1 Like

Desperate, desperate shite.

1 Like

Heā€™s so petrified of getting painted as a Brexit denier or a friend of the Unions (whichā€™d both now be quite popular positions) that heā€™s going right along with MoS & Murdoch orthodoxy. I hope he does some big U turns once elected but I donā€™t have much faith.

2 Likes