Motoring horrors aka Edd wants

There’s an E93A Anglia that occasionally appears around Santa Pod that is the only one I’ve ever seen with the 4.5 litre version of the Edward Turner Daimler V8 (I know the 2.5 version is relatively commonly done). It runs into a Jag box and back end. It’s done to an exquisite standard and, while this isn’t really my oeuvre of car culture, I’d have it in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I think I’ve seen it on line.

Reality check;
I lost interest in modifying (rodding) once I got involved in performance cars. I have also restored a couple of Rover P5bs and now prefer restoration.

However, full nostalgia bites occasionally.

2 Likes

Beautiful cars, these! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ran a P5B Coupe years ago - what fun that was in London traffic! Like a relatively quick, well-mannered boat, and sooooooo comfortable inside. Lovely old thing, although Mrs H hated is as she’s pretty small - driver’s seat fully forward and fully up, sitting on a cushion and leaning on another, and she could barely reach the floor or see over the wheel :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Much envy. I never got further than reading ‘Custom Car’. To this day I’ve never owned a car anyone else would find remotely interesting. Never will now. Shoulda got a proper job.

5 Likes

Yeah, but doesn’t your other half own enough interesting cars to shame Jay Leno?

Isn’t that David Soul’s hearse?

1 Like

I think it, you say it!

1 Like

I reckon he’d approve tbh.

1 Like

…and their children had a cool school bus…

Imgur

72 Gran Torino Squire please . . .

Plastic wood is so 70s Ford

2 Likes

I had the baby one, years ago.

Pinto

4 Likes

Stepdad drove the same for a few years. Green paint. Green and white checkered cloth with green vinyl trim interior

7 Likes

One for @edd9000 or @MonitorGold10 ?

1 Like

I fucking love that! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s a Maestro…

1 Like

The “& Classic” bit of the web address is a bit redundant.

My dad had one of those for his company car in 1983 to replace his Morris Marina :joy: