Motoring horrors aka Edd wants

Blue Peter goes peak Trumptard.

Not sure I remember seeing a convertible Capri. Was this a standard factory offering.

Looks like a 3rd party conversion, google says Abbot or Crayford???

Never been a fan of the crapi but this looks nice

3e498176d5a3276ce5d25974c9159d4f

4 Likes

I had a summer job at Crayfords in the mid 70’s. At that time they were turning Capris and Cortinas into convertibles. They were also building bullet and bomb proof Mercedes. An interesting summer.

1 Like

That sounds very interesting indeed! :sunglasses::+1:

Should’ve made an extra heavy one for PQ to slow him down a bit.

1 Like

I remember all the glass being about 40mm thick, they had test samples showing that the bullets did not go through. I also remember adding a ceramic like material to the floors and doors. They were also the UK distributors for Argocats which were little multi wheel buggies that steered like tanks, good fun moving them around the yard.

2 Likes

We had an armoured Sierra Cosworth in NI. The door hinges had to be reinforced for the window glass and had the same ceramic and steel plating underneath (and in all the door panels etc)

We even had a switch to release smoke grenades from underneath the side sills :grin:

Despite all the protection I always took out the bog standard Pug 306 as the cozzy was a pig to drive

1 Like

Recall Gill being as white as a sheet after riding down to Paris from Calais in the back of his then, newly acquired, 420 SE. Not amused :astonished:

This week I have been driving one of these.

The Link &Co 01.

Mostly an xc40 is a shit suit. The car is alright. As long as you are sat inside it.

It is much better than the Build You Dreams thing I had for a bit last year.

For the subtle, understated type

1 Like

Yellow as well , Chris Martin’s?

Some prize examples here; Signum anyone?

I had a Renault Vel Satis which had a certain ugly charm to it. Lovely car to drive as it swished about very smoothly and I still think to this day it was the most comfortable car I’ve ever sat in.

Obviously the gearbox and electrics were made of tissue paper and string so it sadly retired early in its life but still look back on it fondly.

1 Like

Come on; you know you want to…

2 Likes

Gold finish personalized number plate. Excellent. A car you daren’t park anywhere. Beware the Kreuzberg traffic warden, box of matches and lit ciggy to hand.

1 Like