Naim users

The two times I heard a full Naim/Linn type set up (one at a chaps house and at a show) they sounded a bloody awful harsh screechy mess, this was probably 20 years ago, but it sticks in your mind forever. Maybe I was unlucky?

The last Naim amp I heard was at Scalford I think, it was Adams (beobloke) and his system sounded superb…301/Alpason arm/OC9, Whest phono (I think), Naim amp, Ferroographs = LUUUUVVVVVLLYYY :heart_eyes:

But the contempt heaped upon the rest of the HiFi industry by Linnites and Naimiacs was equally loathsome. I think they have reaped what they have sown.

The best I can say about Naim kit is that it would be decent value at a third the price, but they can still get to fuck with the whole upgrade system. And the cable wobbler, FFS. And all the fucking religion.

No, I can’t really get away from the view that they have done nothing good for the industry, indeed I feel the opposite.

3 Likes

Thread seems to have been derailed by some hifi nerds who want to talk about what it sounds like.

Anyway, describing it as neat and tidy is like saying Josef Fritzl was a commited family man.

1 Like

This is true.

@MGOwner

Do you offer t-shirts at your merch store?

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Screechy and Bass Light.

1 Like

I had hoped this place was frankly silly, that most members were ‘over it’ but had made friends along the way and like to talk unabashed in shades of jade. Sure there is some HiFI talk but that is chopped up with all manor of other fuckry - Rather like the recipe for a good butchers sausage…

2 Likes

You’re new (hmmm, scratches chin) here. The last thing this site needs at this critical, early stage in its development is reasonableness. It’s mooching along quite nicely with jaundice, prejudice and alcohol fuelled unreasoned bias, thank you very fuck.

He is definitely not new.

He is well-worn and would not pass the one careful owner test at the organ donation bank either. Mind you, he would be more likely to be selling other folks ‘spares’ than volunteering his own innards…

2 Likes

I understand he operates a legendary Alpaca harem too.

Once you go 'paca, you never go baca.

12 Likes

Lol !! you owe me a keyboard and a carpet clean and a new pair of jeans !!!

tumblr_ouujhf9a3c1tki7xko1_400

11 Likes

Mods… please delete me … let me go…

1 Like

For I don’t love ewe anymoreeee

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

Please, fleece and desist. :slight_smile:

Ithangewe.