Notes from a remote island

Celtic connections starts live in Glasgow, but gigs will be filmed and an online pass will be on sale soon. EDIT preorders now at Celtic Connections 2022 Festival Pass - Glasgow Life

4 Likes

Going ahead Paul?

1 Like

It would appear so.

With construction planned to start before the end of March they must be pretty sure of getting the license from the CAA

So Paul, is this a relocation to Dublin or a global expansion leading to world domination from a Funzie corporate stronghold?:rofl:

In Dublin for my 60th celebration and this bar is round the corner from my hotel.

what bar?

Guinness can do that.

Admittedly it is usually pink elephants but bars could be a thing.

1 Like

Whoops, Guinness might have been takenā€‹:rofl::rofl:!

7 Likes

Some recent correspondence from a guy on Facebook whoā€™s family used to live in my cottage.

My 3xGreat Grandfather Garth Petrie was born and died there 1794 to 1874.

My Great Grandfather William Petrie was born there in 1871 and I believe that they were kicked out in the clearances in the early 1900ā€™s. He was married in Grangemouth in 1904, so at the latest by then they left the place. The family certainly worked that croft from maybe 1750 to around 1900.

The Petrie family tree which lived in your house contains none other than Christine Perfect!! Howā€™s that for a story! I never met her but sheā€™s in the family!

15 Likes

And you havenā€™t even got a Chicken Shack!

That is pretty cool :ok_hand:

1 Like

The chap I bought my place from played at Woodstock.
Perhaps we could start a ā€˜house bandā€™ :grinning:

3 Likes

Not sure whether these (New Year, and/or the mutton!) are still current

1 Like

No idea, wonā€™t play for me?

Edit
Opened it in a new tab.

Aye, they still have those weird customs *here too. The dish is called Reestit Mutton and I wouldnā€™t feed it to the girls, let alone eat it myself! Fucking awful.

*We are having our Christmas party at the Island Hall on Saturday. Iā€™m not going though because cunts are organising it, Iā€™ve been invited to an ā€œalternativeā€ dinner party arranged by someone elseā€¦

Island politics eh?

7 Likes

I read this as Reshit Mutton. Even your correct spelling sounds haggard & unappetizing.

In a nutshell.

One of the worst vaudeville acts that never took off.
Haggard ended up in a awful relationship where his wife battered him to death with a sandal

4 Likes

Well you could try serving it in a dish. :grinning:

Different remote island this time.

1 Like

One of the crofters here lived and worked on Colonsay before he moved here. Heā€™s always going on about how much he enjoyed it and would move back if he had the chance.

Social housing would be no good for him though, he would need a working croft.

Holidayed there in 2019 beautiful island, not a lot to do when it rained though :wink: