Nürburgring touristenfahrten 2019 - An AA road trip?

Did you notice Rob that none of them were RX8’s…

1 Like

Couldn’t make it out of the pits.

7 Likes

I’m impressed they made it as far as the pits to be honest…

1 Like

Transported on low-loaders

1 Like

You people know nothing, apart from Steve @rmsshipbroker he’s a top chap he is.

He really fucking isn’t. But I suspect you know this.

1 Like

How d’ya mean?

I mean that you are not really a top chap are you? You aren’t a complete scumbag. You have quite a way to go to achieve either status really. Probably best just to stay at meh.

That’s extremely hurtful.
I demand promotion to top tosser status immediately!
I have my own hi-viz jacket already…

3 Likes

Mark’s back on form :roll_eyes:

Meh…

It is nice to have dreams. If you keep on being a bit off a wanker really and lose the odd bit of niceness you might get there. Probably just before death rears its ugly head and becons you to a new adventure.

Beckons you putrescent bellend

2 Likes

Righto.

This is precisely how I need to be. :heart_eyes:
Is this available as a correspondence course?

1 Like

Apologies for the thread resurrection but has anyone here first hand experience? Do’s and don’t’s
Is there any quarter asked or given to bikes
Driver / rider etiquette ect any input welcome

@coco should be around to chip in shortly

Do take it steady on your first laps. Do a couple of gentle laps and have a coffee after.
Keep to the right (German road rules), you’ll be in the way until you can get down to a 9 min lap.
Look in your mirrors and indicate right to let any traffic coming up know you’ve seen them. This makes you slower because you are focusing on what’s behind you to an extent rather than being able to focus on what’s in front (as mentioned, once you get down to 9 mins or so, this gets better).
It takes about 50 laps to learn and some section appear similar until you realise you’re not where you though you were. Many corners are blind and you need to know the track to be on the right line, so until you properly know it, ride within your vision - there’s a danger zone when you get to 20 or so laps and you think you know it. You probably don’t.
Cars tend to be quicker through corners while bikes will accelerate away at corner exit. You will get idiots in cars a couple of feet from your back tyre into corners. Try not to be intimidated, but just let them by ASAP.
Worth avoiding bank holidays and better to go out in the evenings on weekdays when it’s quieter.
Whatever you do, do not go out in the rain (on a bike). It’s absolutely terrifying.
Worth finding someone to give you a pax lap - usually people are more than willing to take you round as a passenger.

It’s the best track on earth, basically a rollercoaster in a forest. The elevation changes with shock you - you will get air in a couple of places (entry to flugplatz after quiddelbacher hohe and into planzgarten I) if going fast enough and first time I went through fuchsrohre my face nearly hit the tank! Most corners don’t have run off and the Armco is generally there to stop you flying down the hillside. It’s terrifying and exhilarating in equal measure. Enjoy :grinning:

11 Likes

Told ya :grinning:

1 Like

You been there then?