Obituaries

5 for me!

I was more thinking how long ago those dirty thoughts were rampant.

Gorgeous…

4 Likes

And on the set of Xanadu…

1 Like

I had Xanadu on VHS and wore the tape out. Terrible film but oh, Olivia. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Obit

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/aug/08/olivia-newton-john-obituary

2 Likes

Beautiful woman. She was 29 when she appeared in Grease, but was believable as an 18 year old.
That video for Physical :heart_eyes: <<< :fist: >>>

Lamont Dozier.

5 Likes

It has been sad to hear about the death of one of the greatest song writers of all time, Lamont Dozier. He was part of the Motown writing & production team, Holland - Dozier - Holland.

They were responsible for creating alot of the Classic Motown Sound during the Mid 60s.

Lamont was a singer songwriter who met up with the Holland brothers at Motown in the early 60s. The trio went on to produce & write hits for the Supremes, Four Tops, Martha & The Vandellas, Marvin Gaye, The Isley Brothers, R. Dean Taylor, Miracles, & loads more. They helped to put Motown on the world map.

A falling out with Berry Gordy saw Holland Dozier Holland leave Motown & setup the Inviticus label. This led to hits by Freda Payne, Chairman Of The Board, Honey Cone, & many more.

Lamont went solo in 1973 and sang & produced a number of hits. He wrote Odyssey’s “Going back to my roots”, Phil Collin’s " Two Hearts" & Co wrote “Loco in Acapulco” for the Four Tops.

I’m raising a glass to Lamont for all the great times I’ve had listening to & dancing to his music. Also to the many DJing gigs I have played his tunes to adoring dancefloors.

R.I.P. Lamont Dozier

16 Likes

Noooooo. Fuck!

Yet again its sad news .

2 Likes
2 Likes

What odds that Shane MacGowan would outlive him?

:astonished:

4 Likes

Raymond Briggs

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/aug/10/snowman-author-raymond-briggs-dies-aged-88

1 Like

When the Wind Blows is an amazing, horrifying little film.

3 Likes

Anne Hesche, enjoyed her films.

Looks like her demons caught up with her, an awful way to die, at least no one else was injured.

61 'sake :frowning:

1 Like

:pensive:

1 Like