Obituaries

7 Likes

and a nice memory from the Beeb’s man in Moscow

1 Like

Always liked him as a presenter as he was fairly chilled out.

11 Likes

He always came over as a nice bloke.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Shit :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Sad to hear about the death of Inez Foxx. She was one half of a duo with her brother Charlie. They who wrote and sang the big hit Mockingbird.

The duo signed to the US Sue label. They released the the tune in the summer of 1963 & it became a million seller in the US, hitting top ten in both the R’n’B & pop charts.

Mockingbird was popular in the UK clubs but didn’t chart in the UK until 1969. They did produce a number of fine tunes throughout the 60s. Tunes such as Tightrope & Hurt by love. Some were released just under Inez’s name

The duo split up with Inez releasing a solo album & some singles in the early 70s on Stax’s Volt label.

Inez was a fine singer and performer. A glamorous looking woman. Inez & Charlie were regular visitors to the UK, putting on a good show wherever they performed. The were like a more glamorous Ike & Tina Turner.

Mockingbird was recorded by a number artists such Aretha Franklin, Dusty Springfield & was a massive hit for Carly Simon & James Taylor.

Mockingbird on the UK Sue label was one of those records I enjoyed listening to when I was young.

She was 79 years old when she died last month.

R.I.P. Inez Foxx

tumblr_c529033c787d9829ed5a6d6bd1cc343e_c14c18c0_500

gettyimages-488996103-612x612

18 Likes

Some great pics there Dean.

2 Likes

156 posts were split to a new topic: The Queen’s death and Monarchy

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Queen’s death and Monarchy

4 Likes

…On a musical slant …Ramsey Lewis has passed away …87 …R .i. P …

3 Likes

Jean-Luc Godard is now Breathless…

And now I realise how very few of his films I have ever seen… Which is also giving me a sad.

1 Like
7 Likes
2 Likes

Quite a shock,

Died in his sleep while on a charity trek in Peru.
I wonder if it was altitude?

1 Like

She wrote brilliantly. 70 is no age these days. :cry:.

2 Likes

Wolf Hall was fantastic (as was the tv adaptation). I haven’t read the second or third of the Cromwell novels although I will.

1 Like

The second is every bit as good as the first.The pair of them were the basis for the TV series. I haven’t read the third. Yet.

1 Like