Obituaries

I will always consider Déjà Vu to be one of the great albums.

6 Likes

If I could only remember my name lined up for later then.

One of my drug addled ageing hippy heroes. :frowning:

4 Likes

Last met him at an AA meeting in Flood St. Chelsea.
He was really nice and down to earth. I have a couple of his albums. Great music. Great life story.

12 Likes

RIP David Crosby

1 Like

Just listened to it at teatime tonight. Might have to play it again.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s an album that has been with me since I was fifteen. Despite my ever changing musical tastes, it’s been a constant in my life. LP, CD, WMA, MP3, FLAC and then LP again.

I was so happy to be able to see CS&N when they came to Paris in '04 when I was living there. Literally, a dream come true.

RIP.

4 Likes

Daylight Again is also a brilliant album.

Saw CSN a few times, lots of good memories

Nice Obit

1 Like

On BBC4 at 9 tonight

5 Likes

I’ve been listening to Voyage today, the box set thingy. He made some beautiful music.

1 Like

Not really ever listened before, but found I had CS&N album I’d picked up with some random others a few months ago - listening now and it’s beautiful - more to come tonight then :relieved:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Listening to his last LP today. There are moments on there that are just great. His music has meant a lot to me over the years.

5 Likes

Listening to this tonight. Thx

You might remember this, exactly a year ago this month.

Gary stayed a week in USA, came back and we and many others got pissed for 4 days. Then he went into hospital and has been in and out ever since.

Passed away today, 4 months after his best chance date, proper fighter.

Gonna missed this man.

He’s one of my best mates down the local. 2nd from left in the picture. They had just rowed the Atlantic in 40 days unaided. They raised £108,000 split between the Royal Institute of Blind People and the Severn Hospice. Oh, and he’s a rather decent builder.

38 Likes

Sesame Street co-creator Lloyd Morrisett dead at 93.

8 Likes

:cry:

RIP

10 Likes

What a real beauty she was

6 Likes

One of my favourite old movies.

4 Likes

Yeah, great film, you could almost taste that lager at the end :grinning:

3 Likes