Obituaries

Yes, was sad when I saw this. Brought back memories of seeing Lilly at the Black Cap in Camden Town a number of times in the 80’s.

My mother hated the “dreadful, coarse woman” who took over Blankety Blank.

No Mum, she’s a he. That’s the point.

Ohhhhhh.

She loved her / him after that.

5 Likes

His live shows were fucking awsome.

Back when the Met stormed into the Vauxhall tavern for it being a gay bar, all wearing rubber gloves to “protect” themselves during the HIV crisis, Paul O’Grady was on stage as Lily and immediately quipped “Looks like we have help with the washing up!”

20 Likes

Ken Buchanan dies at 77. One of Britain’s greats.

3 Likes

Shit, I missed this…

2 Likes

Missed that as well - sad.

1 Like

Aye, he had a good career. His last fight was a loss to a Hartlepool boxer I was friendly with, George Feeney.

1 Like

Probably Scotland’s greatest ever. 33 fights unbeaten then 57-3 when he should have stayed retired. This was in the day when you couldn’t choose to fight bums constantly to up your knockout rate. These guys were fighting 8 fights a year, sometimes more. Lucky if a big name pro fights anymore than twice a year nowadays. Probably the only person Duran tried to get out of fighting, never gave Buchanan a rematch despite agreeing to twice.
Boxing is just a racket for promoters now. That shite tonight was embarrassing.

1 Like
10 Likes

Ryuichi had been ill for some time …Sad loss .

1 Like

That has been coming for a while I believe. RIP.

1 Like

Seymour stein rip

1 Like

Craig Breedlove.

6 Likes
12 Likes

I despise Alzheimer’s, it took both my parents. Must be a terrible time for Lydon. RIP.

12 Likes

Chris Farlowe has passed away aged 82 …sad day indeed
some tunes tomorrow …RIP .

1 Like

What is the source of that?

I only ask because rumours were circulating a few days ago that he died but were unfounded.

I listen to a guy on you tube who is a musician dereckvon
he has a daily chat about life and music , he mentioned it today.

Jah Shaka.

Jah_Shaka500-e1472637842462

3 Likes