Obituaries

Nothing on line apart from he had a fall and is in hospital and cancelled some gigs, but that was a few weeks ago

1 Like

Well may have jumped the gun on this one ,
sorry chris …

7 Likes

Two icons of the era. Mary Quant being “styled” by (Narelle’s hero, who she trained under) Vidal Sassoon.

5 Likes
1 Like

RIP Ahmad Jamal - good innings at 92 and what a body of amazing albums.

5 Likes

Cliff Fish of Paper Lace, 73.

2 Likes
2 Likes

62 tho’… :frowning_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Barry Humphries: Dame Edna Everage comedian dies at 89 Barry Humphries: Dame Edna Everage comedian dies at 89 - BBC News

6 Likes

Sad news,saw him at a London theatre around 79. Really good night

Sad to hear, although he has been poorly. He was a rare beast - a genuine polymath it seems.

Some lovely clips & tributes on twitter. He’ll be sorely missed for his wit and for having punctured a few egos over the years.

3 Likes

That makes me properly sad. He was a great character.
His Sir Les Patterson is the stuff of legend :frowning:

5 Likes

The Les Patterson Joan Collins joke is worth looking up!

1 Like

I saw him live in the eighties and remember thinking he was way sharper, darker, more subversive and downright funnier than the so called alternative comedians of the time. A legend for sure. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

There was much criticism of this character in his home country of Australia which, for a time, banned the sale of a book of the strips. Humphries would receive similar criticism for his character of the lecherous, hard drinking Sir Les Patterson.

He was happy to return the compliment. “Australia is an outdoor country,” he once said. “People only go inside to use the toilet. And that’s a recent development.”

:laughing:

8 Likes

I don’t even watch the programme but I knew who he was

3 Likes
16 Likes