Obituaries

Ha ha ! While less well known, I went to school with David Szach who killed his lover, chopped him up, and stored his body in a freezer…

He was always a loner. A bit of a weirdo.

1 Like

Was good friends at school/6 form in the early 1980’s with Janet Charlton who was done for manslaughter for killing her boyfriend in Huddersfield with an axe. She had a really tough/abusive home life, and did fairly often take to drink at school. Not that we really knew about the home life at the time.

1 Like

I went to a mediocre school that has produced exactly fuck all but mediocre nonentities like me - judging by all the above, this is something of a mixed blessing! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Normal is a sliding scale in Prof Chaos world

2 Likes

Strange days when this place is a haven of normal :grinning:

5 Likes

At one end of the scale we had Ernest Joyce, Antarctic Explorer, hero of the Ross Sea Party of Shackleton’s ill-fated Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition,

and

Duncan Scott Ford - Youngest person to be executed under the Treachery Act 1940.

4 Likes

BBC News - Super Size Me director Morgan Spurlock dies at 53

2 Likes

Rob Burrow has died:

4 Likes

Good fight mon.

I have been really quite upset by this. Can’t imagine how Kevin Sinfield is feeling right now.

2 Likes

William Anders.

Who?

He took this snapshot on an astronomic version of a Box Brownie.

As he said: “Wow, that is pretty!”

In a spectacular twist of fate, he survived Apollo 8 but died in a plane crash.

11 Likes

I know he was an astronaut and presumably before that a top military pilot but surely a 90 year old should not be allowed to fly a plane.:thinking:

It is very sad to hear the news that Arthur ‘Gaps’ Hendrickson, vocalist & frontman, of the 2-Tone group, The Selecter, has died.

My first proper gig, on my own, was to see The Selecter. 1980 @ The N.M.B. I had won tickets to see the band via a competition in the Sheffield Star. I thought they were great!

Pauline Black & Gaps stood out. I have always enjoyed their music.

R.I.P. Gaps

15 Likes

Saw them on the 2Tone tour in 1979. They were great live, tight as anything.

1 Like

Francoise Hardy.

3 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

BBC News - Mark James: Suspicious Minds and Always On My Mind songwriter dies - BBC News

3 Likes

Always On My Mind is a fabulous bit of song writing.

3 Likes

Proper earworm songs :ok_hand: