Obituaries

Oh fuck, no!

Christ…:cry:

2 Likes

Just heard, fucking hell there is no love in this world anymore. One of the greatest composers and performers of the pop song.
RIP Pete Shelley

4 Likes

Good grief :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face: !

VB

That really fucking sucks.

Pete Shelley and Paul Sherwin (cyclists will know Paul), 63 and 62 respectively, in the same week, bad and sad.

RIP

1 Like

Paul Sherwin and Phil Liggett, Tour de France coverage on C4 was how I used to catch up on the race when coming in from work late 90s early 00s.

1 Like

Only just seen that about Paul Sherwin tonight as well Ben - a bad news night indeed.

Despite all the subsequent drugs shit the Channel 4 TdF coverage from late 80’s - early 90’s with Phil Liggett is sitll the best.

3 Likes

Yep poor Phil Liggett was clearly floored as it was out of the blue. Only seems like yesterday that I was listening to those two commentating on TDF, loved ‘em too. Lots of good tributes online to Paul.

1 Like

I’ve not been on Twitter for a while so completely missed it.

To make things even sadder - the theme music was composed by Pete Shelley :sleepy:

RIP Buzzcock Pete Shelley

2 Likes

Nancy Wilson dead - 81

4 Likes

Damn

Sad News. Got a few of her albums. Sang a god song.

I love this banger

3 Likes

sad to see sondra locke has passed away , you may remember she was married to clint eastwood and starred in many of his films

2 Likes

Good man, talked a lot of sense and seemed down to earth with a social conscience and stood by his principles.

Never did eat his hat.

2 Likes

I think he did eat a marzipan one he brought into the programme afterwards