Obituaries

Did you have the lab coat on?

No :grin:. Itā€™s cotton so if it gets wet it stays wet. All my walking gear is 100% plastic (OK, not the socks, nor the leather boots and thereā€™s some sort of suedey stuff on the palms of the gloves).

The lab coat might have helped actually. E Hendred itself is a 16th century recusant stronghold and these days quite posh, but you can nearly see my old workplace from there. You can certainly see the Harwell reactors from the southbound road out, which goes nowhere these days. They might have smiled on a lost scientist.

VB

Fuck, Jeremy Hardy has died:

3 Likes

do you glow in the dark?

giphy

2 Likes

Fuck indeed. We went to see him on stage here a year or three ago. He was really funny. 57 :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:.

VB

1 Like

I glow all the time :wink:.

VB

Shit, my ageā€¦

Balls. That is very bad news. He was usually very funny in his Radio 4 contributions.

2 Likes

proper funny guy in a gentle way, but could be cutting / spot on when required

3 Likes

Bugger, yes only slightly older than me - and I agree very funny and always original. RIP

1 Like

Saw Jermy Hardy at this a couple of years ago

https://www.colstonhall.org/shows/im-sorry-havent-clue-2/

His ā€œsingingā€ voice was hilariously awful.

Saw him at the 2016 Port Eliot festival. Very clever & funny performer and a sad loss.

Loved the series.
If any character would have earned any brownie points, it would have been Richard.

4 Likes

And mine. Cold seems to make them hurt more, so as well as otc tablets I self-medicate with some sunshine. Holiday? No, sirree, just therapy. :slight_smile:

Grrrrrrrrā€¦
(Jealousy will get me nowhere)

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very sad. One of Britainā€™s greatest actors.

Iconic, wonderful actor RIP