Paul's Diving stuff

Didn’t happen. Sarah happily went through the hatch but I got caught again and bottled it…

1 Like

That explains pbg - Paul’s backside ginormous :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Hijacking Paul’s diving page to show what I found in the attic today.

Taken when Jan and I had newly qualified as 3rd class BSAC divers. One of our instructors was a professional photographer and roped us in as models!

6 Likes

I’m glad the kit has improved a bit in the (few) years since that photo :joy:

1 Like

Jan’s cylinders were the oxygen tanks of a RAF fighter :grinning:

3 Likes

Vis is improving (as the temperature drops)

Here’s a short vid of one of the sturgeon

Just the other side of those rocks is an almost 10m drop to the big plane

Now the vis is improving, you can see the colours on the tree

It was strangely misty in places

These things really do look prehistoric

I made it inside the boat!!! I’ll take video evidence next time.

The cessna is at about 12m.

This is Answer

I think the Cessna Pilot is unfit !

The boss in her new suit… Still getting the neck seal sorted, its a new, very stretch, neoprene and seems to need to be 2+ inches smaller than her neck measurement would suggest. Unfortunately it is only about 1 inch smaller in this photo and she got a bit soggy :frowning:

5 Likes

(I think I need a camera upgrade)

This is the big plane at about 15m or so. The two sturgeon were mooching around then we have a swim through the plane

4 Likes

Spotted a new Diamond Back sturgeon today. Wife’s new suit is now dry after 2 soggy outings getting the neck seal to the right size. New, warmer thermals to come - now hood temperatures despite the water being a balmy 15 degrees…

Fat Koi

3 Likes

And a tootle along the big plane - you get an idea how big from how long it takes to swim over it…

3 Likes

I was watching The Hairy Bikers Go North yesterday, and they visited a caviar farm(?) in Yorkshire. They had one of those diamond marked sturgeons there, apparently they’re rare.

They don’t kill the fish to get the caviar, they sort of squeeze it out.

I checked out their website, a 2 teaspoon size tin is £50,

1 Like

I think there are 3 in the quarry. The big lad with the gimpy fin, this one who’s 4+ feet but undamaged, and a smaller one, maybe 2 1/2 feet. There are a couple of albino in there and 4 or 5 plain ones with white noses ranging from 2 feet up to about 5 for the biggest. They’re totally unfazed by us amateur divers and if you take food they go nuts… we keep forgetting to get some but there are some cracking vids on FB

4 Likes

His smaller brother making a mess

3 Likes

I seem to remember the original beluga sturgeon were 15 ft plus, not that there’s any left these days.

Paul,

Blast from the past. Samantha might get into the Diver magazine now.

Are these of any interest to you?

They are the very last Triton and first Diver mags from 1978. I’m feeling old as all my original kit is advertised :cold_sweat:

Haha , cheers but I think not. It’s taken me years to clear out my own out of date magazines :joy:. Samantha looks lovely though

Saw this chap last Friday

Just Diving mags eh?

1 Like

Finally got video evidence of my escapades in the Podsnap. No more proof needed that I would be wholly unsuited to Cave diving or any other confined activities :slight_smile:

It was 8 degrees this Friday so a fair drop from last time we went (13). What I learnt this friday was the importance of the right socks! Previous couple of dives I wore a fluffy pair of socks and had floaty feet, not a good thing when your feet try and tip you over and float you off. This week I wore a much less fluffy pair and my feet did as they were told, which makes for a much more relaxing and enjoyable dive.

There’s a helicopter on a container in here!

3 Likes

A ‘refreshing’ couple of dives yesterday. Only so-so photos as the fancy camera is being repaired

“hulk strong”

“grrr”…

It wasn’t me!

Couple of vids to come

3 Likes

This is the small Helicopter - my mate’s trim was spot on through here

1 Like