Phobic

A phobia is an irrational fear. Scorpions are an entirely sensible thing to be rationally afraid of!

2 Likes

Good point!

Yeah buuuuuuut…we live in a country with no scorpions…:thinking:

1 Like

What if you’re on holiday by mistake?

2 Likes

Que?

1 Like
1 Like

Ah, I geddit now :smiley:

Aren’t there some living in a wall at Ongar station?

1 Like

Dunno, but if they’re waiting for a tube, they will have a fucking long wait as Ongar has been closed for years :smiley:

We stayed overnight at an open range Zoo in Straya. They had an impressive range of stuff that would kill you. I was horrified to learn that scorpions are fluorescent. Put them under a UV lamp and they are easy to find, but are far more frightening.

Cunts!

This was also scary:

3 Likes

and of course, these much more dangerous examples have also been seen in the UK

2 Likes

I don’t know what all the fuss is about these dangerous critters.
I grew up with quite a few, and not once, did I ever see them attack a human, unprovoked.
Snakes, spiders, scorpions, and forget the walking ones, they all run away, given the chance.

Buttons, on the other hand… vicious bastards

4 Likes

2 Likes

scorpions in Sheerness apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/content/articles/2009/07/09/scorpion_sheerness_video_feature.shtml

Hnnnnngghh. :rage:

4 Likes

haha…apostrophail phobia :smile:

4 Likes

Not mad keen on spiders but will do the glass / newspaper / door duties when the rest of my family wigs out on seeing one.

Snakes scare me not a jot. I captured a neighbors escaped snake from another neighbors kitchen when she hammered on my door freaking out upon discovering it. The owner was a prime cunt but I left the poor animal in a bucket with a paving slab on top outside his front door.

Actual fears are:
Milk puddings: rice pudding, semolina, custard, porridge any gloopy milky foodstuff makes me want to puke up my shoe leather, even washing up utensils used to prepare and eat them makes me gag.

Seeing / imagining someone fall over on concrete: just typing this is making my legs fade in and out of reality.

Heights: Rather more practical this one, I’m tall, fat and uncoordinated, I consider mounting a visibly bending aluminium ladder to be foolhardy.

That’s it really for things I’d actually classify as a ‘phobia’.

Custard :thinking: