Pizza faff with hypocrisy topping

I can’t because it is on the Lopwell thread.
I am not contributing to the subject, I am not interested in the subject (apart from eating pizza and moaning about them of course) :grinning:

1 Like

I think this needs testing. And graphs.

2 Likes

We need to keep it up for a bit before @Jim cracks. He is probably rocking back and forth in front of his monitor with his fist in his mouth as we speak. :joy:

2 Likes

yes, yes you do.

2 Likes

Over the Porsche repair bill?

1 Like

1 Like

Yep so you can turn them easily

1 Like

It didn’t help that neither of the batches of dough had really got back to room temperature or that half of it was with the strong white bread flour which is almost impossible to to get to stay stretched without it springing back to small other than by bludgeoning it flat with a rolling pin. Lessons to be taken on board in future. I shall try to follow the Loo/restaurant recipe to the letter next time. We probably did overdo the toppings on some of them. On the other hand, not long ago I went to a Prezzo and it was awful. Too little topping & abrasive pizza like a dried out flannel. The opposite extreme.

4 Likes

I thought you and Stu did a great job.
If I am getting fed good fresh food with no effort on my part you will not hear one word of criticism :grinning:

3 Likes

It’s just a balance with the toppings, the ooni is hot but doesn’t have huge thermal mass so trying to cook a lot of sauce and cheese in 90 seconds is a tough ask.

I have found if you take the pizza out and turn it every 20 seconds you can cook the toppings longer without turning the base to charcoal.

2 Likes

Ssshhh. If Donna ever finds out that @stu isn’t actually allergic to handling food, he’ll get roped into all manner of domestic duties. She’d have been shocked to see him on Saturday afternoon.

2 Likes

I presume that there is at least a stone in it?

Yes takes up most the base, still needs a minute or two between pizzas to recover.

Isn’t there some kind of ceramic insulation under the top cover too?

(scope for modification)

Stu has already got the solution for this and has been perfecting it to what the Guinness book of records attest to be the very highest standard.

4 Likes

I’m going to replace mine with a Shakti stone :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think it has a sandwich construction on the top, 2 skins of steel with some insulation.

It isn’t perfect, but I think, for what it is and with a bit of practice it’s great.

2 Likes

Luckily she didn’t believe me when I told her

1 Like

For next year. :joy:

It’s a pretty poor attempt at a cape and he uses a roller.

4 Likes