Pork scratchings

7 Likes

at long last the parts (bumper cover and duct) have arrived from Germany, job should be finished on Monday and I should get the car back sometime next week!!!

1 Like

Pork should be back this afternoon. Quite enjoyed the Cooper S - albeit with oddly sharp steering,

2 Likes

Wheels right in the corners takes a bit of getting used to but does make them a go-kart

1 Like

nice car - really well put together (I guess that is BMW), nice to drive - seats could have been more comfy. I could live with one.

Designed, developed and to a large extent built by Rover Group (ex now) engineers, but importantly funded by BMW.

The steering character is likely the all electric power assisted steering system that BMW HQ were obsessed with.

Had any updates @f1eng ?

None.
I knew more about it than Porsche Swindon when they phoned to tell me I had a fix date in April.

I must have gone to the dealer with the highest ratio of customers to allocations since I havenā€™t heard of anybody else waiting as long as me :angry:

The technician with the surname Pope is excellent at Swindon. It seems there is nothing he doesnā€™t know about Porsche.

1 Like

Is Swindon a Porsche owned dealership?

I donā€™t know Iā€™m afraid. They do seem to have a good rep. Unusually.

Dick Lovett - family business. They have had the Porsche franchise since 1971.

Is that the prequel to love actually?

2 Likes

With Chris Harris cameo :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always preferred the drive and dynamics of the smaller but for me tauter Cayman over recent 911s. I think its the greater agility and overall balance that makes it. But YMMV etc.

The GT4 RS looks insane!

Suspect itā€™s the best driverā€™s car Porsche have ever made.

Sadly unobtanium. :frowning:

Unless you want to pay 75-100k over :grimacing:

Could be worseā€¦

1 Like

LOL, they add on a $200k ā€œmarket price adjustmentā€ but still want $400 for floor mats!

1 Like

The Rolex business model. :weary:

1 Like