Pork scratchings

Having put nearly 600 miles on the 992 in the run up to Whitby and back, I think the pork is more cruiser than the 991 ever was. It is content munching the miles on the motorway, and really shows its colours when you put your foot down. It sticks to the road like glue, but the suspension on the Targa was harder.

More comfortable than the 991. The technology in the 992 is way better than the 991, but the switchgear feels cheap (probably came out of the Audi or even the VW parts bin)

The car attracts alot of attention, more than the Targa did. Lots of people want to talk about it. Including a stooped old man in Lincoln, telling me about his lifetime ownership of 911s…I think I made his day by letting him sit in the passenger seat and starting the car…

They are quite different cars, the 992 is so much better constructed.

6 Likes

Me dad’s coke wagon

18 Likes

“Carphone Whorehouse”

Nice to see a real Porsche ITT :ok_hand:

1 Like

Every time I see an old black 911 I think …

CONDORMAN.

3 Likes

Ah yes but weren’t they flat noses?

Remember going to see this at cinema!

The main bad guys is a flat nose with a ludicrous duck tail the minions are normal.
Watch the handy video in my post.

1 Like

Anyone got some spare cash?

2 Likes

Calling @Rob998 :rofl:

1 Like

I showed that to Claire when I saw it on PFM yesterday. Tried to convince her it was practical (back seats, can get a reasonable amount of shopping in the boot, etc) and also a sound investment (look after it and it’s only going up in value) etc, etc.

She didn’t believe me. And even if I proved my point by showing her the appreciation graph, she would find a way to disprove me.

Well, only the last is true, really! (It will appreciate for sure)

1 Like

The main problem was its £20k more than she’s allowing me to spend, tbh.

:skull:

If I won the lottery I would buy this. Beautiful.

4 Likes

Sensible London choice being a hybrid, helps with congestion charge :+1:

1 Like

And free parking for me in Richmond. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Many speed bumps round your way, Dave?

So long as Dave makes sure to choose a C16 car, they have the nose lift mechanism as standard. Not all imports do however.

1 Like

C16 vehicle?

1 Like

Sorry C16 in Pork means a car originally supplied to the UK market.