Pork scratchings

Gammonland :wink:

4 Likes

Well the new Panamera is a nice car to my eyes and would be good to blast about in so worth a go.

I think unless the whole of Norfolk have their cameras switched off, and/or youā€™re very lucky, then driving fast will inevitably lead to points sooner or later, no matter what your track record has been for 30 years.

Or maybe Iā€™m just transferring my experience :wink: Every time Iā€™ve driven a Porsche or similar sports car Iā€™ve not been able to resist leaning on my right footā€¦

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t even need to take the pole apart. :+1:

3 Likes

Do want :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Heā€™d need to move to Essex, not Norfolk, if he bought thatā€¦

1 Like

Panamera is a lovely GT and cruiser. Not something Iā€™d consider, if fast through the twisties is what you are after.

Yeah, had a few fastish cars over that time and managed to avoid them, but youā€™re probably right. :grimacing:

What do you think would be quicker through the twisties then, a Macan?

no not a Macan, its too tall and the air suspension to wallowy - although on mine you can lower the height and firm up the suspension electronically.

Macan really suits my needs, goes quick in a straight like and ok through the bends. But Iā€™d go back to a Boxster if I wanted fast round bendsā€¦

1 Like

I was pulling your leg Simon :smiley:. I appreciate that a 911, Boxster or Cayman would all ultimately be faster on A roads, but none are particularly practical. Might just be able to fit fishing gear in a 911 but the panny is a great compromise. Besides, all of the tests/reviews Iā€™ve read say that the panny is a really fun car to drive and extremely agile.

Even with the extra weight when loadedā€¦?

Are you talking about me or the fishing gear :rofl:

if you want something that will be regularly required to carry 4 adults the Panamera is probably better than the Macan. IMO the Macan is compromised when it come to interior space in the back seats. Boot space is very good.

If you live in Norfuk, the locals will outfish you.
Itā€™s the webbed hands and feet. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Jim for about Ā£300 you can have a Porsche experience with a Panamera on a track. That should tell you whether it is the car for you.

https://www.porsche.com/silverstone/

Iā€™ve been on three now and they really show you how to get the best out of your car.

3 Likes

Porsche 928 Turbo.

I dread to think what that looks like from behind with those archesā€¦:flushed:

Well worth doing a Porsche track day at Silverstone. Excellent experience and vfm.

I was astounded there was no health and safety overkill. I just got in the car being accompanied by Barry Horne (former British Touring Car racer) and off we went. I said Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s no health and safety briefing, he replied ā€œIā€™ll know after one lap if youā€™re a nutterā€. Brilliant. Made me a better driver and made me appreciate the car and just how good it was. By the end I was giving it more gas to correct it, knowing when it was on the limit, braking much later into corners etc etc. Iā€™d like and should do it again.

3 Likes

I think Panamera all the way. I love the look of the Macan but think the inside would be too small.

1 Like