Pork scratchings

That’s not the same car.

1 Like

Me too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’ll be sat behind a tractor or a slow lorry on the narrow roads with drops either side.

Drops either side!?!..err, have you ever been to Norfolk Bob? :rofl:

2 Likes

The drainage ditches.

Went to look at a panny turbo today. Lovely car. Nearly seven years old, but low mlieage and not a mark on it - absolutely immaculate condition :heart_eyes:
Took it for a test drive and it started missing, then the engine management warning light came on :tired_face:

5 Likes

might be why it’s only done low mileage…

1 Like

Nothing Phil couldn’t sort. Make him a cheeky offer!

2 Likes

Look for another one imo. Finding faults on very complicated modern cars can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. And that’s expensive.

I’d favour a newer one with higher mileage. They like being used on a daily basis not being parked up.

Quite happy to put some daily miles on the car for Jim, and can accommodate it on my driveway 'til he moves to Norfolk. You can’t drive a car like that properly round Norf Landahn…

1 Like

Run away. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Or, far more likely, would cost more to repair than the car is worth.

1 Like

…something about driving round on edge dreading the EML’s orange glow illuminating from the dash.

The authentic, expensive when new old car experience.

1 Like

The dealer just called to let me know that everything is running perfectly now, it was merely running low on fuel and that caused the misfire and warning light…and would I like to come back for another test drive…

I obvs saw the low fuel light was on yesterday and the needle was about 1 millimetre from the stop, but would low fuel cause the engine management warning light to come on? :thinking:

Maybe. A misfire would likely trigger the EML, and a misfire can be caused by fuel starvation.

It’s not great for them to run then so low on fuel. Dealer is a cunt. (tautology, I know)

2 Likes

Ah, the old disconnect the warning panel trick !

1 Like

If you go back, take it for a long test drive, at least 20+ miles to make sure the eml doesn’t reappear as clearing them can mask a problem for a few miles*.

*no idea if this is the case with porkers but certainly was with a couple of cars ive owned in the past.

2 Likes

Also, a thing I’ve noticed recently on test drives (in admittedly cheaper less posh cars) is the dealers deliberately run the tyres at low pressures to give the impression of better ride quality…

Indeed. And tell him you’d want a pre-purchase inspection. (The would include code reads, as well as physical inspection) If the dealer tries to weasel out of allowing one, then walk away.

MOT history is also worth looking at.

4 Likes