Pork scratchings

Sounds essential Jim. Does Pete have that on his Beetle?

1 Like

Porsche + Diesel = fuck no.

0-60 in 4.5s, a V8 and 42mpg suggest shut up Rougemule.

4 Likes

Not sure if Peteā€™s has it. :thinking:

Iā€™ve read a few tests now and apparently the Sport Chrono package reduces the 0-60 on the 4S from 5.0 to 4.6 :heart_eyes:

Thatā€™ll come in useful Jim :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You ought to get it Jim. 5.0 to 60 is a bit shit.

1 Like

Yep, just think of all the things you could do in 0.4 of a second

2 Likes

Are you sure you should be reading this thread John? :smirk:

Iā€™ve already had my mid-life crisis a few years ago Jim :grinning:

1 Like

Mine doesnā€™t, but it isnā€™t a big deal on a manual.

It does two things: changes throttle to be more responsive, and, more importantly, on an auto (Tiptronic or PDK), it gives the geabox a more agressive mode (faster changes, holding on to gears longer).Without it, you canā€™t get max. performance.

2 Likes

Is there a caterpillar track option so you could use it as a bulldozer or snow plough?

Is that other one shown online?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809301022540

1 Like

Nice! Billy bargain.

I canā€™t get my head around the wide price discrepancies, e.g.

Suddenly, 40 grand!

Yeah, silly.

That ones is a bargain, the guy was going to trade it in and thatā€™s the price the dealer offered. He said heā€™d rather sell it privately and so someone a favour. Seems fair enough.

Unless heā€™s done a crafty cut-and-shut with a Kia Picanto engine, itā€™s hard to see how you could lose out there. Looks like you could run it for 2-3 years and make your money back.

2 Likes

Blimey, thats a mega car for not much money*

*relatively speaking

1 Like

Exactly. For some reason @Jim didnā€™t just pull out a wad of cash like I would have done!

It also has 18 months left on a warranty with a decent company, transferable for Ā£35, had a full Porsche service a few months back, so another one is not required until 2020 and I just :heart_eyes: that steering wheel/paddles! Also itā€™s only going to cost an extra Ā£158 on my insurance :+1:

Iā€™ve just called him - the wad has materialised! :ok_hand:

20 Likes

Congrats! I look forward to chauffeuring you around. :joy:

4 Likes