Pork scratchings

:rofl:

Mind you, they keys are shit. Gen 2 seem much more robust.

1 Like

On a side note what I’m thinking of doing is getting maybe a BMW i3 in about 2 years (or equivalent electric car) for daily duties, and then keeping the Porsche for weekends etc.

I looked at 991s again recently. I just can’t see the value in chipping in a further £30k for a pretty similar motor when I love the 997 as is.

I’m pretty wedded to the idea of a dark grey or silver. Had black cars in the past, and think I would get way too anal about cleaning/swirl marks etc.

1 Like

The 991 is nice, but it’s a lot bigger and also the electric steering is apparently not as good. If I had an extra £30k, I’d be looking at a 997 GTS rather than 991.

It’s nice to be a purist.

Is yours a 2 or a 4? Mine’s a 2.

2S, I test drove a 4S and it was essentially the same, just felt a bit heavier on their front. But decided 2S is likely more fun.

For me a Porsche should be 2WD and normally aspirated. (I get the turbo thing, but I like the purity). Another reason not to go 991 - they’re all turbos, and all it does is spoil throttle response. (You buy the full on nutter bastard turbo for different reasons).

And must be air cooled.

1 Like

Yup. 2 wheel drive manual is the one for the purist.

1 Like

Well, yeah, but have you seen the prices!

At least the water cooled ones drive like modern cars.

1 Like

For yer actual purist:

5 Likes

The more I watch The Bridge, the more I want one of those baby-shit brown ones Saga drives. It’s cool af.

1 Like

I used to have one of those :joy:

3 Likes

Peak brown Porsche

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I think you’ll find that colour is called ‘macadamia’ or something equally pretentious in the Porsche catalogue. For some reason ‘shit brown’ was never offered. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Clearly you have researched this. :rofl:

Thy actual car was up for auction a while back.

1 Like

Cockney Brown.

2 Likes

2 Likes