Pots and pans

I think Dave’s only search criteria was price!

1 Like

And WAGs

1 Like

We have a couple of non-stick ceramic (?) frying pans. I mainly use stainless steel pans for cooking, but the non-stick pans are handy for certain things. However they are chipped (and probably didn’t last that long before they were) and I’m not sure what to replace them with?

we replaced expensive and damaged not stick pans with a selection from here:

we bought three saute pans or varying sizes to suit our needs. The 320mm is too big and rarely gets a use. We treat them as disposable items, if they last 3 years i am happy…

Managed to burn the large pan doing sausages last night

1 Like

Forget the pan, were the sausages OK?

Yes, the sausages pulled through ok

3 Likes

Just bought one of these.

4 Likes

We use one of their 28cm’s…nice quality pan :ok_hand:

1 Like

I got a demeyere 7 as a wedding present , love it

Was a little horrified when I looked at a set

2 Likes

Has your Samuel Groves pan arrived…

Addendum…Just noticed the three weeks delivery so I assume Nein …

Just bought an SolidTeknics 26cm SS pan…manufactured in Oz from a single sheet of forged German Ferric steel …Should be interesting to put it through its paces (when it eventually arrives)

From the Marketing Blurb:

Made from one seamless piece of highly conductive stainless steel, this versatile skillet cooks like iron - no seasoning required.

• Made of one seamless, 3mm thick piece of nickel-free, highly conductive ferritic stainless steel
  • Made in Australia
  • Lifetime warranty
  • Compatible with all hob types including induction, oven safe , barbecue safe
  • These pans cook like iron, and clean like stainless - no seasoning required
  • This ferritic stainless steel is close to twice as conductive as regular nickel-based stainless steels
  • 51.5cm long overall, 1.5kg, 4.3cm deep, 1.75L capacity

8 Likes

I like the look of that. I’ll be interested in your view of it once you’ve had time to try it out.

2 Likes

From a miles and energy perspective, it’s mildly frustrating that German steel has to traipse off to Australia before coming back to Europe. Nice looking pan, mind.

It did strike me as odd and not ideal as well Ed…until I found out that Aus no longer produce SS domestically and manufacturers have no option but to import…

:+1: Compulsory fried egg test up first

I looked at those when I bought the one above. Will be interested how to get in with it.

1 Like

Other than the disparate composition of the steels It may very well prove to be ‘Different’ yet the
‘Same’ in practice…It’s going to have to go some to improve on the Groves pans at a 3rd of the price :grimacing:

I like the idea of a single piece of metal- no handle to fall off.

2 Likes

Where did you buy it from?