Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

Granddaughter had 9 A’s.
Five distinctions, three 8’s, and a 7.
:smiley::star_struck::grin:

24 Likes

Congrats to above FoLs and GrandFoL. some spectacular results there!

Claire texted me earlier saying that her students GCSE results were fab!

4 Likes

Still no word.

A career as a deep-cover secret agent beckons.

1 Like

She may have already been recruited

Child #2 has now made a climbing squad, following a rather intense selection competition yesterday. We are now going to actually live in a climbing gym.

11 Likes

Wasn’t that already since they were toddlers?

Well she’s been there a week. The south east London girl is currently quite puzzled by the “clubs” on offer - rifle shooting, horse riding, lacrosse :laughing:

If there’s a proud bit, she was concerned about getting a job once she was there. Up until now she’s worked as a mixologist in a bar in Brixton. She has a real passion for it and they’ve already block-booked her over Christmas.

Her boss in Brixton reassured her that “they’ll only know how to mix two cocktails, you know how to mix 35” :cocktail: :tumbler_glass:

8 Likes

Bouldering with FoL after work, she waited patiently to do a tricky purple route with overhangs and whatnot while four blokes huffed and puffed and failed to top it.

She then climbed it with speed and grace, making it look easy.

Made my week.

I did enjoy the look on their faces as I applauded her.

15 Likes

There are a couple of places if she really wants. Provincial is lifetime

1 Like

Sub aqua diving is brilliant there and a bit further down. There will definitely be a club and underwater archaeology is a worldwide experience. Lots of travel.

2 Likes

FoL#2 & gf have put up the first of their Georgia films. Made and edited on an iphone.
Looks interesting, I’d quite like to go.

5 Likes

Bruno won his photo competition, so many thanks to anyone here who voted for him!

(I actually think that his was the best photo in the group, but that’s not always the point!)

18 Likes

More make-up art from Flo…

7 Likes

SECAM building? I worked there 15yrs ago

Arch was in the front section of the Laver building (think that’s the right name). When I started, maths was still in the main part of that building, but moved next door to join the rest of SECAM part way through my course.

1 Like

16 today!

19 Likes

12 Likes

This Halloween we have had one pumpkin smashed, one thrown at our door (fortunately not hitting the stained glass), and several other incidents with cunty teenagers. A nearby friend who puts up cool seasonal installations for charity had this completely destroyed last year, and has taken a lot of damage this year again.

My teenage son is horrified by this, and just doesn’t do that kind of thing. That’s pretty cool tbh. It’s too easy to just rant at the awfulness, without lauding the good. Nice one, son.

1 Like

It only needs a couple/few twats to really spoil things for everyone.

A couple of kids at my school used to think it was ‘fun’ to kick car wing mirrors after a night out. They could do thousands of pounds worth of damage. One of them is a vicar now!

fucking yoof of today and all that