Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

Mostly she seems to be in that coz she likes to be shouted at and shoot guns. Hadn’t considered the possible driving element. I’ll ask!

1 Like

Sam’s first day at 6th form today.

23 Likes

Very relaxed. They insisted on shoes back in my day.

7 Likes

I hope one of the prefects is going to make him sort his top button and tie :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Actually they can wear pretty much what they want in 6th form,
He’s wearing it for a bet :rofl:

3 Likes

My son’s school is “business attire”, which in practice means a suit. They really haven’t kept up with modern business attire.

1 Like

Going for the briefcase wanker look on his first day!

2 Likes

Yeah! :grinning:

Little one worked her socks off over the summer, fitness and strength and conditioning to ensure she was in good shape for Septembers franchise netball trials. She’s spent the last couple of weeks at screening then callbacks and just had word she’s made the Saracen Mavericks U17 academy squad. Top of the tree for U17s. She’s 14 so a massive achievement :tada:

30 Likes

The house has now grown a “Days since [niece]'s last disaster” whiteboard.

It now stands a a record four! Woo!

After the most recent bank card debacle that involved five replacement cards arriving on the same day.

8 Likes

Top notch. Go her!

I can’t be bothered to dig out the link, but despite lawyering up, getting his girlfriend to lie for him etc. the twat who pulled a knife on niece #1 had been expelled from university.

Maybe he needed a little more education other than a quarter of a million quid at public school.

20 Likes

Getting a result like that is truly something as most Uni disciplinary hearings are not set up for those who bring a lawyer. Speaking from experience this is a fraught situation before Tarquin brings in his learned friend. Well played to your Niece. I hope she is fully recovered.

9 Likes

Boy has got a silver medal in some kind of national maths challenge, and came second in his school. Now he’s fucking furious that he might be picked for some team to do more maths ‘fun’ :rofl:

22 Likes

That’ll teach him not to be so committed. Could be a useful lesson learned.

Did you explain to him that second is first of the losers?

Toughen him up a bit :rofl:

8 Likes

My daughter went to meet and greet some Canadian paramedics at the local airport and took my 7 year old grandaughter to wave the Canadian flag as a welcome. She was of coarse a great take and the Canadian group made a great fuss of her… " are you going to be a paramedic when you’re old enough ". " no I’m going to be a tooth fairy " . What planet that child lives on I’ll never know.

9 Likes

Suspect Dentists are paid better than Paramedics, so a good early career choice.

1 Like

Yep, 2023. The only time that you are more likely to see a Tooth Fairy than a real Dentist (do they even exist ?).

5 Likes

Flo has a couple of makeup jobs for Halloween, so she’s been experimenting…

19 Likes