Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

The piss artist bone is highly developed I’d have thought.

1 Like

It was Sam’s first proper Brass band contest yesterday (Midlands) so I spent my Birthday listening to great bands, it’s amazing how different the test piece can sound, interpretations etc.
They didn’t get a top three place, but what a great experience to build on.

Just before the performance.

19 Likes

Was Chad present.

5 Likes

Fol#1 qualifies as a paramedic in a couple of weeks, throughout her training at times it has appeared to be a baptism of fire and frustration. Last night all was forgotten when she delivered a healthy 7lb baby boy, tears snuggles and immense job satisfaction followed plus a new badge for her uniform, well done my love.

41 Likes

FoL#2 was delivered with paramedics in attendance, even with a planned home birth the midwife only got there about 15 minutes after the birth. Apparently they always bring gas and air with them, but don’t keep it on the ward - they have to wait for a porter to bring some before they can leave, so she was late. That said he was 25 minutes or so start to finish, so not much warning.

4 Likes

Paramedics are certainly jack of all trades when it comes to ill health intervention. I really cannot understand how they can follow tragedy with a call to a pissed up yob and keep their cool. They have my utmost respect.

8 Likes

Well done indeed. Very well done.

2 Likes

Fabulous!

1 Like

Absolutely :+1:

As an update, she has been offered a position wth the Ambulance service upon qualifying following her recent interview and appraisal. Really chuffed for her, something she has always (secretly) wanted to do. So that’s a Police Officer and Paramedic, despite my advice to the girls not to work with the public in the family. Why won’t they listen .

27 Likes

We ALL have to learn the hard way - nice that they’ll do some real good in the world while life’s lessons are being learned :+1:

1 Like

Who listens to their parents? (and admits it)

2 Likes

That blue light discount card must be a powerful incentive :grinning:

1 Like

A Proud grandpa twice in a month
Well done my girls

29 Likes

Wow, that’s quite some coincidence Kev! Many congrats…

1 Like

:champagne: Brilliant and stereo Congrats !

1 Like

Lovely :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations!

Makes all that baby sitting you are going to be doing a bit easier as they are the same age.
The same set of kit as you go along!

1 Like

Got a video call from younger daughter yesterday to say that she passed the final assessment for her veterinary nursing course. Two and a half years of hard work with day-release from a full-time apprenticeship. She’s really happy and I’m delighted for her.

37 Likes

Almost 2 years to the day since he was diagnosed with Lymphoma and had to give up his M.A. course my youngest son has got his first full-time job. Clinic clerk in the same local hospital he was admitted to, it’ll do his mental health the world of good at least and it’s a foot in the door.

44 Likes